Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Willow cab  (Read 4217 times)

eightbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Willow cab
« on: January 21, 2003, 10:27:51 pm »
I finally completed the write up of my first cab. Its located at http://mame.hower.us/willow.

Feedback is welcomed and encouraged, its complete but like most cabs never done.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 12:49:09 am
Re:Willow cab
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 12:54:11 am »
nice work.. Mr. Do! would be proud ;)

nice contrast with the red t-moulding

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 06:32:28 pm »
It looks good.  That painting the bezel from the inside of the glass, is a good idea.

How did you put in that track ball?
I got the same one off ebay(probably from the same guy).
Can you tell me what color wires do what?
I didn't get a schematic, and I've long since lost the contact info for the guy.

Thanks

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 12:03:55 am »
I didn't get a schematic, and I've long since lost the contact info for the guy.
I cut a hole for it to fit snugly in the CP. Then I took the trackball apart and screwed from inside the upper half into the edge of the plywood. It worked great.

Mine had a PS/2 interface on it, it didn't come with a schematic.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Animeka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2015, 11:21:44 am
    • Subnet192
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 06:27:20 am »
Black wires are ground, the rest are the 3 "mouse" buttons. Just test it using windows, simply short a black wire with one of the others to see what button does what. You can easily find the right click and left click buttons, that leaves you with the 3rd one being the middle button.

Marc

Thanks

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 02:02:14 pm »
Were you asking for which button wires did what? Like Animeka said trial and error. Theres only 3 pairs of wires, just hook up buttons to them and try it. Mine had quick connects already on them. Left is green, right is yellow. I didn't hook up the middle button.

If you don't have the PS/2 version then your going to need more help, post back, we'll point you in the right direction.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 02:11:18 pm »
Thanks, there are only three, so It wont be painful testing them, I was just hoping for a short cut.

Sasquatch!

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2003, 12:13:38 am »
Nice cab, eightbit!

I do feel the need to tell you though that the blue background on your website is burning my retinas.

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2003, 12:54:48 am »
Nice cab, eightbit!

I do feel the need to tell you though that the blue background on your website is burning my retinas.
Thanks and Just for you I changed the background color. I didn't like the white backgrounds so I was randomly choicing background colors for my pages. I wouldn't want to be responsible for burning anyones retinas.

Sasquatch!

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2003, 03:40:57 pm »
Eightbit, I checked out the rest of your site.  Do you have any kind of writeup on the jukebox?  That looks pretty  8).

eightbit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2003, 06:05:50 pm »
Eightbit, I checked out the rest of your site.  Do you have any kind of writeup on the jukebox?  That looks pretty  8).
Not yet, I've got lots of pictures of the build but didn't complete the write up yet.