Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: i-Pac LEDs  (Read 1138 times)

Odonadon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2006, 12:01:12 am
  • But then again, that's just one man's opinion.
    • Turbo2k
i-Pac LEDs
« on: January 17, 2003, 03:25:43 pm »
Okay, here's my dilemma.  I purchsed the LED harness for the i-Pac to take advantage of the way MAME uses the keyboard LEDs.  I have NO CLUE where I should put these :)  

Does anyone have a suggestion for placing the LEDs that would best suit the most amount of games in MAME.  Should I get lighted buttson from Happ?  Should I hook them up to my coin door?  Surely there has to be a few people besides myself who bought the harness.

Thanks for your recommendations and advise.
Odonadon
It's Captain Odonadon, and his magical bag of nuts.

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
Re:i-Pac LEDs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 03:52:52 pm »
some people put LEDs in normal buttons to make glowing buttons.

I plan on getting the nintendo buttons, which are microswitch but use the button part of a leaf button.  Leaf buttons are the only ones that are translucent.  
Those buttons are hard to find though.  I talkes to oscarcontrols and kelsey is looking into producing those.  They are just punched sheet metal essentially.  So we'll have to wait and see on those.

Until then I have mounted leds into my start buttons.

OSCAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
Re:i-Pac LEDs
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 01:54:02 am »
some people put LEDs in normal buttons to make glowing buttons.

I plan on getting the nintendo buttons, which are microswitch but use the button part of a leaf button.  Leaf buttons are the only ones that are translucent.  
Those buttons are hard to find though.  I talkes to oscarcontrols and kelsey is looking into producing those.  They are just punched sheet metal essentially.  So we'll have to wait and see on those.

Until then I have mounted leds into my start buttons.

I'm not looking at reproducing the pushbuttons, just the brackets.  They won't be 100% identical to the original Nintendo brackets, either.  I intend to include a mounting location for a LED as well as the microswitch.