Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic:  (Read 2004 times)

mr.Curmudgeon

• It's going to hurt your brain. A lot.
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 07:15:49 pm
  • Huzzah!
(No subject)
« on: September 22, 2005, 09:58:05 pm »
http://www.go-l.com/monitors/athens/features/index.htm

Fine. Just *try* to find desktop wallpapers for that thing. :P

mrC

whammoed

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2024, 12:18:26 pm
  • Crack don't smoke itself
    • NiceMite
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:26:32 pm »
Are there video cards that do 19200 x 2400 Pixels?

Sephroth57

• Poo Monkey
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2020, 11:17:00 am
    • Check it out!!!
Re:
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 12:00:15 am »
i never understood why they dont get rid of the lines and make it just 1 big monitor
"Owens is the ringleader in the ass hat circus"  D K

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re:
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 12:05:26 am »
i never understood why they dont get rid of the lines and make it just 1 big monitor

Because the places that build those things are cobbling together 5 standard LCD screens. The market for stuff like that isn't big enough to for them to actually make LCD screens that size. Not to mention the fact that I don't believe there is an LCD controller made that would support a resolution that high.

The screen almost certainly requires multiple video cards. Or one LCD controlling video card that is custom to the unit.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

SOAPboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2009, 03:36:12 am
  • ..::GeeK::..
Re:
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 02:21:27 am »

Because the places that build those things are cobbling together 5 standard LCD screens. The market for stuff like that isn't big enough to for them to actually make LCD screens that size. Not to mention the fact that I don't believe there is an LCD controller made that would support a resolution that high.

The screen almost certainly requires multiple video cards. Or one LCD controlling video card that is custom to the unit.

Actually read up on those monitors..

First, they come with a custom version of windows XP, secondly, they sell computers WITH them..

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 02:24:27 am »

First, they come with a custom version of windows XP, secondly, they sell computers WITH them..

That is odd, windows XP supports more monitors than that natively. For that matter so did Windows 98. I used to have a quad monitor setup almost 6 years ago.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

JB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2005, 10:56:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 02:37:26 am »

I don't see that stated anywhere. If you could link where it says that, it'd be appreciated.

SOAPboy

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 03:34:45 am »

I don't see that stated anywhere. If you could link where it says that, it'd be appreciated.

Yeah i was looking, it dont mention it anymore.. it DID before tho, back when they first announced those..

JB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2005, 10:56:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re:
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 04:51:25 am »

Yeah i was looking, it dont mention it anymore.. it DID before tho, back when they first announced those..
Ah.

If I had to bet, they pr'ly changed plans between announcement and release.

SOAPboy

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 05:27:53 am »

Ah.

If I had to bet, they pr'ly changed plans between announcement and release.

Well you could "order" and have one shipped back then.. it was just early on.. didnt think they would have taken the info off the site..

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re:
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 09:17:25 am »

Given how much that thing likely costs, it had better come with a four cpu, 5ghz, 5 tb, 5g ram, fully raided server to use it... and Jenny McCarthy to provide support.

Stingray

• Official Slacker - I promise to try a lot less
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2021, 03:43:54 pm
Re: ?bermonitor.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 09:24:57 am »
I think I'm in love.

-S
Stingray you magnificent bastard!
This place is dead lately.  Stingray scare everyone off?

Sephroth57

• Poo Monkey
  • Offline Offline
    • Check it out!!!
Re:
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 09:30:23 am »
ill wait for true widescreen monitors, that line would bother me. but man would everquest 2 look sick on that thing

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 09:31:20 am »

Yeah, more screen space for 65 idiots to run up to me shouting "HEY YOU NEED A PATRON"

Sephroth57

• Poo Monkey
  • Offline Offline
    • Check it out!!!
Re:
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 09:33:07 am »
lmao, asheron's call rules, if they actually marketed their product it would have been equal with the success of the original everquest IMO. back in the day, like 99 when MMOs just started getting good (im not counting ultima), i bought everquest, but i couldnt run it cause my ghetto computer didnt have a videocard, so i returned it and got asherons call which didnt... it was history since then..

but anyway, no one cares about my MMORPG nostalgia =p

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 09:37:39 am »

Quick tip:  make your char a chick.

When I was trying out AC because I was negotiating with Turbine, I first made my char a guy.  No one was all that interested in helping me get started.  I wiped that guy and made a chick... every guy within 15 miles was all over me looking to be my patron. I was like level 25 in two days because they kept taking me through dungeons, beating up high XP monsters and letting me finish them off.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
Re:
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 09:57:29 am »
Because the places that build those things are cobbling together 5 standard LCD screens.

They could still try a little harder to get the screens mounted close together with as thin a space as possible.
NO MORE!!

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2018, 04:45:32 am
  • Sober until banned. Can post but still can't read.
Re:
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 11:54:18 am »
You could run this setup with two PCI Matrox High-End adapters, as each adapter supports 4 displays. Or 3 Matrox dual display cards. It would suck for performance though.
Now in a tasty new flavour.