Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lightgun Question  (Read 2845 times)

Garrett_N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2003, 11:45:55 pm
  • Good.....bad....I'm the guy with the gun.
    • Hosers
Lightgun Question
« on: January 02, 2003, 12:28:43 am »
Hey,
Quick question which really dosn't concern the Act-labs lightgun cause i know it cannot do this, but is there a way to get two light guns to work on a computer.  I wanted to put two guns onto my cab for house of the dead and house of the dead 2 and others.  Act-Labs can't do this, is this just act-labs or does this go for all the USB light guns?
Thank you.
>>Garrett

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Re:Lightgun Question
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 09:03:47 am »
This has been discussed to death here recently with the announcement of act-labs tv gun. If you do a search on the archive you'll find more information than you'll want to know.

There are no lightguns that support 2 at a time. Act-labs says on there website that they are working on it. The speculation here has been that its going to take a lot of re-write in Windows or the games or both to make it happen. It is possible to run 2 mice or 2 trackballs and have 2 player gun games but not with guns.

I think the T2 guns can even be hacked to work 2 at a time but my understanding is that these aren't lightguns but instead use a joystick input.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Garrett_N

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2003, 11:45:55 pm
  • Good.....bad....I'm the guy with the gun.
    • Hosers
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 01:56:30 pm »
hey,
I was looking on the net for a couple of hours searching here and there and i came across this review site.  The link is here http://www.joy-stick.net/reviews/other/gunsystem.htm       .  On the site you can see there are two Guns that come together...now im not sure why they would sell the two toghether if you can only use one of them at a time?  ohhh...maybe because they might not be USB there? Older guns? Well if i find two light guns that are not USB can i use two  of them at a time?
Thank You.
>>Garrett

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 02:06:46 pm »
hey,
I was looking on the net for a couple of hours searching here and there and i came across this review site.  The link is here http://www.joy-stick.net/reviews/other/gunsystem.htm       .  On the site you can see there are two Guns that come together...now im not sure why they would sell the two toghether if you can only use one of them at a time?  ohhh...maybe because they might not be USB there? Older guns? Well if i find two light guns that are not USB can i use two  of them at a time?
Thank You.
>>Garrett

My understanding is that these are the older guns... they would only work with games that had a special driver for them... and they used the joystick port.

I've *heard* that they aren't very accurate (compared to what I'm not sure... but i'm guessing that I know what they mean)... and that they don't work well with mame (if at all)... but can you believe everything you hear? ... well maybe some things...

You can get these cheap from actlabs direct, or ebay or close out stores.... if you are brave and want to try anyways...

good luck,

rampy