Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Project Justice" for Dreamcast arcade cabinet  (Read 5848 times)

Dave_K.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
"Project Justice" for Dreamcast arcade cabinet
« on: January 01, 2003, 01:01:44 am »
If anyone has a Dreamcast in their mame/arcade cabinet, you absolutely must get Capcom's perfect arcade port of "Project Justice".  This is the most FUN fighter style game I've played in a long time.  Its not just the wide variety of characters, great soundtrack, or balanced fighting system...but its that strange Japanese humor that permeates the entire game (especially in the team-up attacks). Its one of those games that just oozes "arcade" fun, and one you will definatly want to show off to your friends.  I just wanted to let others know (and those who don't have a DC in their cabinet to see what they are missing).

Here are a couple movies off IGN (if it asks for a userid/password, just delete your ign cookie from your browser cache and try viewing again).

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1256924&object_id=15319&channel_id=62&page_title=Project+Justice&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Ddreamcast%26pagetype%3Dvideo&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdreamcast.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F015%2F015319.html

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1264109&object_id=15319&channel_id=62&page_title=Project+Justice&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Ddreamcast%26pagetype%3Dvideo&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdreamcast.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F015%2F015319.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 2003, 01:04:44 am by Dave_K. »

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:"Project Justice" for Dreamcast arcade cabinet
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 01:24:18 am »
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.its pretty cool game(actually very fun) and people dont think you are cheating.

in MVSC 2,you are doin that magneto 112 hit air combo and you get that quote from some people "Hey man..thats cheating"

also project justice looks ammmmmmmmaaaaaaingggg when displayed on a vga monitor.

Also,since you are sort naming good games here(i dont know why).
give VIRTUA STRIKER 2 a try.
its for dreamcast and its one of the best(heck..its the best :D) soccer game i have ever played in my entire life

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2003, 02:23:19 pm »
Thats why I posted this in the "Everything Else" forum, because it really wasn't appropriate for the main form.  I'm just continually amazed at finding these little Dreamcast gems that play perfectly in an upright cabinet.  These are arcade perfect ports that can't be matched (at least currently) with Mame.

There are a couple other Dreamcast imports I'm ording which again look absoultely amazing, and are perfect arcade ports: Ikaruga, and Zero Gunner 2.  These are both classic top view shooters (but everything is rendered in 3D).  I'll post a review as soon as I get them.

I haven't tried Virtua Striker 2, does it play good in your cabinet (control wise)?

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2003, 03:25:10 pm »
virtua striker plays perfectlly with arcadejoyticks(me and my brother played for like 5 hours straight the other night).

and both zero gunner 2 and ikaruga are some of the best games ever.
I am leaning more toward zero gunner 2 because that has more gameplay and excellent music.
Did you play mars matrix yet(best shooter ever)?
give it a try. ;)

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 08:25:22 pm »
I've herd mixed reviews about Mars Matrix.  Anyway, Ikaruga is supposed to be THE best shooter out to date (on any platform).  It just came out this year (in July) well after the death of the Dreamcast which is quite rare for a company to do.  From the video is looks simply stunning.  Its made by the same people who did Radiant Silvergun (and is really a sequal to that game).  They are also working on a GameCube port as we speak (its that good).

Warning the movie download is 23M:
http://forest.treasure-inc.co.jp/product/ikaruga/mov/IKA02.zip
« Last Edit: January 01, 2003, 08:26:18 pm by Dave_K. »

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 04:24:19 am »
Just watched the movie.  It looks awsome.

I have a dreamcast, but never tried to play imports.  Do I need to mod it to play imports?

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 11:16:07 am »
I just bought Ikaruga (as well as Zero Gunner 2 and Samba De Amigo 2000) and I'm in DC heaven again  ;D.  

There are two ways you can play imports on your DC.  First way is to download/use a "boot disc".  There is a "Utopia boot disc" (v1.1 or v1.2) floating around on sites (and Kaaza)....or you can use a Dreamcast Gameshark CDX disc to boot with (9.99 at Software Etc/Gamestop).  I recommend the Gameshark disc as it will also allow you to play imports with your VGA box (utopia only supports tv/15 khz).  With the gameshark disc, just choose the "start without codes" option, then swap the discs.

The second way to play imports is to find a backup/burnt copy (off Kaaza or somewhere).  They have US self-bootable backups of most popular imports.  I found Ikaruga and Zero Gunner 2 on Kaaza, but no Samba 2000 (probably because of all the music its well over 700M).  The best part is that its all legal.  So now I can play my import while leaving the game in the shrink wrapping.  These games are actually gaining in value if you can keep them in new/wrapped condition (check prices on ebay) since they aren't being produced anymore.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 11:31:51 am by Dave_K. »

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 07:58:38 pm »
Just watched the movie.  It looks awsome.

I have a dreamcast, but never tried to play imports.  Do I need to mod it to play imports?

If you want..you can look at places like kazaa or DIRECT CONNECT for a boot disc(that will save you the trouble of modding your dc) so you can play your import.its only like 3 mb and all you do is burn the image to a cd.This disc works just like a mod chip and its not really illegal or anything(sega is dead and buried anyways).
Ikaruga is fun but i was expecting more ::)(after playing ikaruga 1 a.k.a radiant silvergun for saturn)

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2003, 04:20:18 pm »
Ikaruga is fun but i was expecting more ::)(after playing ikaruga 1 a.k.a radiant silvergun for saturn)
On the surface, I could see what you mean (for example there are a lot of weapon choices/upgades in RS).  But Ikaruga has many layers to it.  At first you play it just to get to the final boss/level.  Then you go back, up the difficulty, and start playing for score.  Then you realize the strategies involved in "chaining bonuses", and when (or when not) to release the homing missles.  Finally, you play it to try and get an "A" rating at the end of each level. I guess this is why I like so much, its not a typical console game, its 100% pure arcade fun.