Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame32 on arcade monitor, and other questions.  (Read 1315 times)

yakpimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2006, 08:29:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mame32 on arcade monitor, and other questions.
« on: July 26, 2005, 09:54:37 pm »
OK I have a couple questions, I have a Wells Garner 7191 monitor, and I got my pc hooked up to it pretty good. I am currently running advance menu, and advancemame, but have some problems. Everything lines up and is in sync, but only half of the games I have actually work on it. I just downloaded the new advance mame from soundforce (or whatever that site is), but still not many games work.

If I put those same games on my desktop which is running mame32, they work great. I tried putting mame32 on the arcade computer, and it works, its just when I am in windows on that computer the screen isn't centered, it is about half way over horizontally, and the monitor adjustments don't move it enough where it becomes centered.

Also if I must use advancemame instead of mame32, is there a way to make it play the games I want?

Not only that, I have a problem with the sounds. It works but it sounds like it is winding out, like when you have low batteries on a radio.

Also, I don't know if anyone uses an ipac for their arcade controls, but I got one of the Ipac Ve and I have to reprogram it everytime I turn the computer on. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Yakpimp