Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone selling any games within 100mi of the Omaha, NE area??  (Read 1609 times)

2PacMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2009, 08:33:45 am
  • PacMan collection
I'm looking for some uprights to fill out my gameroom....anyone selling any, or know of any for sale within 100 miles of the omaha, NE area that i could pick up??  I'm mainly looking for bargains, as i don't want to spend a fortune, but they need to at least be working.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
Re: Anyone selling any games within 100mi of the Omaha, NE area??
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 11:08:46 am »
<--- plenty of machines in north Texas

(At least it's another Big 12 state.)

2PacMan

• Offline Offline
  • PacMan collection
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 11:25:48 am »
Tell me about it....if i live in the DFW area of TX, i'd totally be happy, seems like games pop up there all the time.  Quite a few in St. Louis, and Kansas City areas too, but that's just a little too far for me (3-7 hours each way).  I want to actually look at the games in person and test them before i buy, i just feel safer that way.

KSKID

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2020, 04:55:08 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 08:03:43 pm »
there should be all kinds of places in omaha to purchase used games, have you tried posting your request to the RGVAC?, or try doing searches on ebay for persons selling within 50 or 60 mile radius of your zip code.

rohan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2011, 08:24:04 pm
  • I'm a winner.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 01:13:23 pm »
http://www.scoreonegames.com/products.htm

This guy has a bunch of much cheaper games usually on Ebay or in his warehouse if you ask.  His games are often dirty, but in near perfect condition once cleaned up.  I purchased a Dig-Dug from them about 5 years ago and it was pretty cheap and it was really nice.  They're located in Holdrege, NE...Like I said, as long as you don't mind using some Windex and Formula 409 you won't be dissappointed.
It doesn't matter if you win or lose....it's how you play the videogame.

KSKID

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2020, 04:55:08 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 06:18:45 pm »
i have a few games, see for sale post, i am about 2.5 hours straight south of Omaha, by Beatrice, Nebraska.

MinerAl

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2023, 07:11:28 am
  • duck
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 11:43:54 am »
Go check out the back room at Nebraska Technical Services (NTS) at about 74th and F.  It's behind the bar across the street from the impound lot.  They have a few nicely kept (and priced accordingly) fully working cabs up front, and a back room full of empty/not completely functional cabs.  A few years ago I was looking for a pac/galaxians or ms.pac/galaga shaped cab.  They didn't have an empty one, but I could've got one of the empty non-pac ones they did have there for $80.

Also Gamers on 72nd just south of Dodge used to always have working cabs for sale.

Over the course of the 8 years I lived there I found 4 (and bought 2) cabs in thrift stores in Omaha, Bellevue and Council Bluffs.  Worth a shot.

I guess there's a warehouse around 60th and Grover full of cabs, but I never could find it.

2PacMan

• Offline Offline
  • PacMan collection
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 12:03:10 pm »
Thanks!  I've actually been to NTS and the place on 60th and Grover.  Each of those places fixed one of my games.  Really nice people at both places and you are right, they both sell cabs...  I actually bought my MAME cab at NTS, i got a good deal on that, 50 bucks for an empty dynamo cab with working coin door and mechs.  Unfortunately, they are businesses and are selling them to make money and price them accordingly.  While i don't think they are ripping people off, i think they are a little on the high end.  NTS had a pacman for 1,000.00 and it wasn't even in that great of shape.  I think the cheapest game NTS sells was like 600.00 for a double dragon in bad shape.  i was hoping to get a few bargains from some local people just wanting to get rid of their games that are just sitting in their garages.  I bought my Ms. Pac at Gamers, so that was cool.  never thought of looking at thrift shops...i've been to goodwill from time to time and never saw an arcade game there...it's probably rare to see them there, i guess you just gotta get lucky.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 11:14:32 pm »
I have a fully working, fully complete Midway Mame cocktail for sale in St. Louis, quite a drive, but it is a pretty cool item.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

oconnor716casey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 04:29:01 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 04:30:14 pm »
Thanks!  I've actually been to NTS and the place on 60th and Grover.  Each of those places fixed one of my games.  Really nice people at both places and you are right, they both sell cabs...  I actually bought my MAME cab at NTS, i got a good deal on that, 50 bucks for an empty dynamo cab with working coin door and mechs.  Unfortunately, they are businesses and are selling them to make money and price them accordingly.  While i don't think they are ripping people off, i think they are a little on the high end.  NTS had a pacman for 1,000.00 and it wasn't even in that great of shape.  I think the cheapest game NTS sells was like 600.00 for a double dragon in bad shape.  i was hoping to get a few bargains from some local people just wanting to get rid of their games that are just sitting in their garages.  I bought my Ms. Pac at Gamers, so that was cool.  never thought of looking at thrift shops...i've been to goodwill from time to time and never saw an arcade game there...it's probably rare to see them there, i guess you just gotta get lucky.

S
IAM SELLING QUITE A FEW LIKE AN EXCELLENT CONDITION 1981 FROGGER BASKET ROLL_A_SCORE AND GOLDEN TEE IN OMAHA PLZ REACH OUT BC I HAVE MORE THAN THOSE AS WELL