Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Non working old Taito power supply  (Read 888 times)

mammoth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2006, 12:36:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Non working old Taito power supply
« on: June 16, 2005, 11:34:21 am »
I have a 1982 Taito cab (jungle king/elevator action series) - was working fine then board froze so I checked the +5  and it was only 4.3 at board. Went to adjust the 2 +5 trim pots and snap - +5 led light went out and no more +5. Two questions -  why is one pot marked +5I and the other +5 V and the other is any ideas on what might have snapped when i tried to adjust the +5v. Fuses are good and i still have +12 - I know I could just throw in a universal p/s but i was trying to keep the game original so if someone knows of a common failure i would like any info you  might have.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2019, 09:40:16 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
Re: Non working old Taito power supply
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 03:49:05 pm »
It's possible something failed on the BOARD (your game board) and thus there's no more draw on the +5...
NO MORE!!

crsdawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2019, 06:10:05 am
  • I plan to live forever, or die trying.
Re: Non working old Taito power supply
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 04:28:21 pm »
arcadeshop.com sells a psu kit that allows you to install a switcher without damaging the integrity of the game. it plugs right into the wiring harness. taito psu's are notoriously bad, a new one will save you much grief. my 2 cents.