Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any way to automate the "subject" line into PMs when PMing from a thread?  (Read 1530 times)

quarterback

• King Of The Night Time World!
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2023, 10:51:41 pm
Or even 'quotes'?

I have this problem all the time when I PM somebody here.  I hit their PM icon and the "PM" window opens up with a subject of "(No subject)".   I THEN hit the "Back" button on my browser, copy the subject heading of the thread, RIGHT-click the PM icon and select "Open in new window" and then work back and forth between two windows.

The first request would be that the subject line would migrate to the PM window.  Sending PMs with "(No subject)" is lame and makes it difficult to not only keep track of my PMs, but also tells the receiver nothing about the PM I just sent.

The 2nd request (and I don't have any idea if this is possible) would be to have a "PM with quote" option.  Usually when I'm PMing somebody, it has to do with something that was posted.  So, as I stated above, I end up having to work multiple windows to send what I would find to be a clear and efficient message.

Thanks
No crap, don't put your kids in a real fridge.
-- Chad Tower

Shape D.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2012, 06:17:57 pm
  • >Look at me, I'm a Newbie<
couldn't you just type in a topic for the pm?
Hey Baby, Have you ever met a Newbie with 38 pages of previous posts before? Do you Want to?

quarterback

• Offline Offline
couldn't you just type in a topic for the pm?

:)
-- Chad Tower

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
Using firefox and opening the item I wish to quote/use in another tab is pretty easy to work with, will that work?
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

quarterback

• Offline Offline
Using firefox and opening the item I wish to quote/use in another tab is pretty easy to work with, will that work?

Yeah, it's not that I can't do it, it's just that I'd like it to be automated because I seem to always forget to right-click "open in new window" so it adds even more steps into a multi-step process that seems like it should be one-click.

If I'm PMing somebody via the PM link in a certain thread, then it's probably related to that thread, and it just seems like something that should work automagically.

If it's not possible, I'll live :)  But because it seems like such an intuitive thing (to me) I thought it might be an option that just hadn't been enabled.
-- Chad Tower