Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Coin Door Switches  (Read 2398 times)

NickS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 11, 2014, 06:59:58 am
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Coin Door Switches
« on: December 05, 2002, 09:52:06 am »
Hello,

I have bought a Small 2 Slot Happs Coin Door and 2 Happs Coin Mechs.

I have also bought 2 Happs Coin Switches (42-0394-00 Coin Switch Crouzet)

http://www.happcontrols.com/cc/42107500.htm

My problem is that I can't figure out how to attach the switches to the coin door/mechs ?.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
Re:Coin Door Switches
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 10:26:01 am »
Well, my coin door has that kind of switch - as do most of them I believe.  The long wire, which rotates a good deal, is what the quarter hits when it is accepted by the coin door.  if you're looking at the back of the coin mech after it's been attached to the coin door, then place the switch near the bottom(mine is bottom  right) so the wire is sticking in the path of a dropped quarter and the switch's side is parallel with the mech - the wire should go up/down.  There should be some screw holes - a plastic guard nearby perhaps, too.  The quarter should go pretty much straight down if it's accepted, and on the way it whacks the wire which triggers the switch.  
hope this helps