Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: USB/PSX Gamepad interface question?  (Read 1681 times)

Warborg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
USB/PSX Gamepad interface question?
« on: December 04, 2002, 02:13:32 pm »
Ok...  I was originally going to hack a Gravis Gamepad USB for my controls (which I actually did do in my test panel), but I've decided to change my design a bit...  I am now going to use a PSX/USB convertor from Radio Shack and a PSOne gamepad instead, due to the fact there are several more addressable buttons on the PSX pad then the Gravis pad, which will solve certain layout issues I was having.  Now I've heard that the USB system can only handle 6 simultaneous inputs, yet when I hooked up the gamepad to my system, I was able to hit ALL buttons on the pad plus one diagonal on the plus pad (10 inputs for buttons, and 2 for the diagonal), and it showed in the Game Devices panel (WinXP) that all inputs were registering.  Is the 6 input limit actually just for keyboards/keyboard encoders on USB?  I am seriously considering just using 2 of the PSX gamepads for both players, and want to make sure there are no problems between the two...  Has anyone had any experience with using 2 gamepads like this that they would care to share, or any input in general?

Thanks!

Warborg.

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:USB/PSX Gamepad interface question?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 02:53:31 pm »
everything works perfect..i used 4 converters before with no problem ever...just plug 1 converter first..install auto then do same with second...dont plug both together because you system would try to install both using same usb driver.radio shack converters work great..best !