Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame sideart if interested. . . .  (Read 3535 times)

-Ace-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2004, 09:32:28 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Mame sideart if interested. . . .
« on: December 01, 2002, 11:58:06 pm »
Check my new site out here:
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/mameart/
I'll periodically be adding new stuff, so check back.
Make your cabinet stand out from the rest :)

wee beastie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2003, 03:33:02 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Mame sideart if interested. . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 12:56:55 am »
great idea,  One suggestion, though, try changing your font color to contrast a little better with the page.  I had to highlight the text to read it.

Have you been auctioning this stuff on ebay?  I think I've seen it there.  I've thought about buying it, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.  I need to paint and sand first :)

wee beastie

-Ace-

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 02:06:04 pm »
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate them. As far as the price goes, I did some research on pricing, thus coming up w/ the prices I have. Top to bottom, you couldn't get what I offer anywhere for less. ALL of the materials used  are 3M's top of the line products, not to mention the time(artwork, setup, printing,etc.).   Just a little advertising there ;)
I am not able to make an infinite number of these, so blowing out a ton of them at a low price isn't my objective. I will take your advice and review my pricing though, so anyone interested might want to keep they're eyes open :)

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 04:01:56 pm »
I'll trade you real webhosting for a year for 1 side art set.

Just an idea... I'll even pay for the domain name. I wonder if MAMESIDEART.com is registered yet...

Let me know if that is something you'd consider. No biggee if you aren't interested, just an idea... and bartering is fun.

Rampy

EDIT ->  Actually what I'd really like is the marquee I've already created printed in a more professional manner... and would trade hosting for a year straight up for that  (buy yer own domain name)....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2002, 04:05:46 pm by rampy »

MrToasty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2007, 12:33:21 pm
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 05:14:05 pm »
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate them. As far as the price goes, I did some research on pricing, thus coming up w/ the prices I have. Top to bottom, you couldn't get what I offer anywhere for less. ALL of the materials used  are 3M's top of the line products, not to mention the time(artwork, setup, printing,etc.).

Your stuff is very nice looking.  However, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't these sets been going for much less on ebay, like $50 - $75 a set recently?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=0&item=738694122&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=0&item=733780670&rd=1

-Ace-

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 12:21:09 pm »
Correct Mr Toasty, but just becuase I get a "certain" amount on ebay really doesn't mean anything. I once had an auction go to $140- does this mean I should set my price at $140- ofcourse not. The guy who got the sideart for $51 got a fabulous deal. . . I would be losing money on those kinds of sales. An auction is just that, an auction- who knows what it will bring.
As far as the price goes, I have adjusted it to $80/ set. The website has not yet been updated, so you heard it here first. I have also added a new design that I may debut on ebay- it's compromised of the mame logo superimposed onto 96 aucthentic marquees. It looks awesome. I have no marquee for that set, but that Emdkay guy has a nice one that would match.

MrToasty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2007, 12:33:21 pm
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 12:43:33 pm »
I was actually rather amazed that set did go for $51 (good deal indeed).  $80 is a very reasonable price - quality product and no hassling with Kinko's ;)

For your website I have a couple suggestions.  First, I'd get rid of the pictures you have up on your 'More Pics' page as they don't do your art any justice.  Second, I'd replace them, at least temporarily, with some of the images you've used to sell on ebay as they are better looking and give your customers a better idea of what they're getting.  Just my $0.02.

-Ace-

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 01:48:04 pm »
Thanks. I wish I had better pics of the art on the Jap cab. I get questions from people owning these type of cabs on how the sideart would look. Thats pretty much the only reason it's there. I am actually in the process of adding pics like those used on ebay for greater detail. Hopefully it will better show off the product. Thanks again for the tips.

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 03:58:11 pm »
nice work. just a question or 2 here. If I were to purchase a set, #1; could you alter the art just a little(i would have to discuss my idea) and #2; could you resize it smaller for my needs and if so would price be comparable with a smaller sizing? Thanks.

-Ace-

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 05:45:58 pm »
Throw me an email-
mamesideart@pressenter.com