Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for JVS pinout info  (Read 2475 times)

Dave_K.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Looking for JVS pinout info
« on: May 10, 2005, 04:01:17 pm »
I recently got a Namco System 10 PCB, and wanted to know what the pinouts are of the JVS connectors.  One connector looks like its for power (upper right), and the other look like an IDE cable or something (top left).  The 4 pin connector under the IDE looking one is for stereo sound.

Can someone help me with the pinout of the IDE looking connector?  I'm also wondering if this means the board can output VGA (31khz)?

Here is more info on the System 10 board:
http://www.system16.com/namco/hrdw_system10.html
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 03:32:59 pm by Dave_K. »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Looking for JVS pinout info
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 04:28:25 pm »
Um, I have a Namco system 10 board, it is JAMMA all day long. It only outputs standard res, but it has a setup option to switch to a higher res interlaced mode (still standard res, but interlaced, so twice the detail), which looks a whole lot better.

I seem to recall mine having those other connectors as well, but it sure doesn't use them
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Dave_K.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Re: Looking for JVS pinout info
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 05:23:13 pm »
You should have a JVS Cabinet options in your config menu which is greyed out (when running off the jamma connector).  If you are using the JVS connectors, I imagine this option opens up and maybe has high resolution selectable.  Per the link I gave above, it supposed to be capable of 740x480.  This makes sense to only enable for JVS cabinets like the Naomi Universal.

Anyway, I wanted to try to hack this connector to see if I could hook up to my high res arcade monitor.

The only info I've seen so far is the capcom I/O board pinouts (which looks like something different) but is used to interface JVS only cabinets to jamma.