Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mouse button-> keyboard emulator?  (Read 1109 times)

hotboy_92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2003, 03:49:29 am
  • I'm a llama!
Mouse button-> keyboard emulator?
« on: November 28, 2002, 04:49:38 pm »
As part of my plan I am considering wiring up the left and right mouse buttons from the trackball to  buttons on the left and right of the control panel for playing pinball games. However, as far as I can see, Visual Pinball doesn't let you use the mouse buttons to move the flippers, so does anyone know of a program that will turn a mouse button press into a keyboard press?

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Re:Mouse button-> keyboard emulator?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2002, 07:41:38 pm »
Are you doing it this way to keep from putting the mouse buttons on the CP?
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

hotboy_92

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2003, 03:49:29 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Mouse button-> keyboard emulator?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 01:27:26 am »
Well, I suppose there is that. The other reason is (was) that I'm using a PSX controller hack, and I've run out of buttons thus:

2 x joysticks (hacked from the analogue stick ports to be made digital)
6 x player buttons x 2 players
1p and 2p coin
1p and 2p start

However, something I completely didn't think about is that I can just duplicate a couple of buttons by wiring up the pinball buttons in parallel to two of the main CP buttons. Afterall, I am not going to be using the pinball buttons in Mame, nor the main CP buttons in Visual Pinball.

So I guess I've solved that one and can just find somewhere else to wire up the mouse buttons (seems a shame to waste them by not hooking them up!)