Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Car problems  (Read 2380 times)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Car problems
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2005, 10:33:06 am »
Hyundai  :-X

5 year total warranty... 10 year drive train.  The quality of the Hyundais has shot WAY up recently and the warranty is still intact.  It's a good time to buy a Hyundai.

That said, I'm not a car person.  If it's reliable and doesn't look like a tank, I'm cool with it.

tommy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2005, 10:39:17 am »
You definitely cant go wrong with a Hyundai as far as there warranty goes, that car will run forever and if it dosent you still will have warranty available, just something more sporty is what i was getting at , goodluck with it.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2005, 10:45:07 am »
Eh, sporty, I'd rather have the $10,000 extra it would cost.

fredster

• Grand Prophet of Arcadeology
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2019, 04:28:53 pm
  • It's all good!
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2005, 02:12:49 pm »
Buy American.

Buy a ford.  I have a Ford Ranger that has given me 100000 without so much as a hickup. I'm impressed.

GM's are good too.  Buy a model that's been out for awhile.  An '89 grand am I had was at 210K when I sold it.  Ran as good then as the day I bought it with 30K on it.

King of the Flying Monkeys from the Dark Side

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2005, 10:02:00 pm »
Buy American.

Buy a ford.  I have a Ford Ranger that has given me 100000 without so much as a hickup. I'm impressed.

GM's are good too.  Buy a model that's been out for awhile.  An '89 grand am I had was at 210K when I sold it.  Ran as good then as the day I bought it with 30K on it.

We've been over this.  Cars in Massachusetts don't last 200k miles.  They rot out underneath from 8 months a year of salt covered roads.  The problem more often than not is NOT the drive train, it's the undercarriage and suspension and floorboards with holes in them.

BTW, Hyundai is an American car now.  Most of them are made in the Midwest.

TOK

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:14:24 pm
  • The Game Always Wins
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2005, 02:15:05 pm »
Buy American.

We've been over this.  Cars in Massachusetts don't last 200k miles.  They rot out underneath from 8 months a year of salt covered roads.  The problem more often than not is NOT the drive train, it's the undercarriage and suspension and floorboards with holes in them.

BTW, Hyundai is an American car now.  Most of them are made in the Midwest.

Again, IF you don't take care of them. I live in PA which still uses salt and I have a 1986 S-10 that's doing fine. I think earlier in this thread I told you about a relative in NH with an old Ford F-150. I also have a relative in Upstate NY that has 3 cars over the age of 10 and they're all still OK.
Basically, if you don't know anything about cars and are too lazy to maintain them, no car will last 200k miles. Taxachussets isn't doing anything special to the roads there that disintegrates cars. Go into a self-serve car wash after the road salt is mostly gone, spend $4 and 6 minutes spraying underside with clean water and your car won't rust out.