Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Re-Installed Windows, now a 200gb drive is missing!  (Read 2222 times)

xar256

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 10:18:08 pm
Re: Re-Installed Windows, now a 200gb drive is missing!
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2005, 07:35:11 pm »
Try this...I've been seeing this issue more and more lately...
Control panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management.

Under Storage <on the left hand side> Click on Disk Management

In the bottom right hand window, check for your missing drive, it's proably showing up as a foreign disk...Right click on the graphical representation of the space on your drive, and select import <I think it's import or something similar>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 07:37:04 pm by xar256 »

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2005, 07:41:44 pm »
I'm glad you seem to be on the right track to getting your data back, its always a pain to lose a drive.  Especially if you haven't backed up in a while heh.

Just a note for you or anyone reading this though, SP1 does NOT have a large drive issue at all. You can use XP SP1 with a drive over 134gb no problems as long as you format with NTFS.  I don't have SP2 installed on any of my machines, and all of them have partitions larger than 134gb.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

xar256

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 10:18:08 pm
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2005, 08:31:33 pm »
That would've been to load SATA drivers..Not drivers for the Hard drive itself...WinXP <pre sp2 at least, not sure of sp2 itself> doesn't support SATA out of the box.
For a secondary drive, those drivers could be installed later on too...But since the drive shows up in Device Manager, that means the drivers are more than likely working...

Xar256 ;D

edit: There was another post that this was in response too...It seems to be gone now...This made more sense before  :P  /edit
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 08:34:58 pm by xar256 »

sc1103

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2020, 08:37:35 pm
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2005, 09:56:02 pm »
SOAPboy if you do an install so often, how do you keep your CD Key from being denied b/c of overinstallation-i crashed my one comp so many times that the CD Key is no longer valid  ??? and now I have to purchase a new copy  >:(

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2005, 10:51:36 am »
sc, if you look around hard enough, there's ways around that.  That's just another hoop MS wants you to go through in order to know what you're doing with products you purchased that they can't normally find out.

Secondly, I'm betting he's got a Corp/Pro version, which won't require all that mumbo-jumbo
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t