Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Free Playstation (or PS2) to USB adapters  (Read 1542 times)

Dave_K.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Free Playstation (or PS2) to USB adapters
« on: November 23, 2002, 01:10:12 pm »
I just found this out while answering another thread.  Fry's Electronics is selling the BEST Playstion1/2 to USB adapter out there for $6.99 with a $6.99 mail in rebate coupon.  So basically its free (all you'd pay is shipping if you don't live near a location).  I've only seen them here in CA, but I could be wrong.

Rebate ends 12/31/02.

I already have 2 of them, and they work flawlessly with any original Sony pad (original digital pad, psone/dual shock, and dual shock2 pads).  I don't have any 3rd party playstation sticks to test with, but its most likely compatible with them also.  They even work with Dance Dance Revolution pads :-).

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3052389
« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 01:10:48 pm by Dave_K. »

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:Free Playstation (or PS2) to USB adapters
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 02:11:53 pm »
NIICE! :)

They really give you back the rebate money right?Sega still owes me $50 because I bought the dreamcast when that rebate was goin on and I never got that money...too Fuc_ing dumb.....they said i get $50 back but I really dont get anything back.However,I did pay them back(hint hint...downloading dc games :P)

Is there any limit to how many you can buy?
I am thinking 2 atleast.

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 02:20:10 pm »
You were only supposed to get the $50 rebate if you signed up for the Sega Online deal (use them as your service provider).  If you didn't do this, you won't get the money.

Oh, and on the free KiKi Joy, the rebate unfortunally is only one per family/house-hold.  So if you buy two, use a friends home address (just make sure they give you the money  ;D ).

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 01:30:09 am »
I did use that when i had no computer of my own.Just to browse the net.However at the time i blew out my dreamcast port and sega fixed it for free..so we are even.i had the warrenty and thats why they did the work free.