Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What trackball for Golden Tee?  (Read 1576 times)

ninjazx7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2006, 11:33:02 pm
  • I'm a llama!
What trackball for Golden Tee?
« on: November 20, 2002, 05:07:52 pm »
Ok, so I have one more for today....sue me.  ;D

I noticed that Happ Controls has a trackball for Golden Tee games. It's a 3" High Lip one. Anyone know what the big difference is between this one and a regular one? I want to make it as much like the actual cabinet as possible. So what trackballs are people using?

Thanks

The Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2009, 03:41:49 pm
  • I'm easy like Sunday mornin!
Re:What trackball for Golden Tee?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 05:17:23 pm »
The old Golden Tee versions used the 3" Imperial, but the new version uses the 3" High Happs.  I could be wrong, but this had been talked about before somewhere in this forum.

I'm currently using the 3" Imperial and like it.  I haven't used a 3" high enough to know anything about it, other than the ball is sticking more out of the table.  I've played the Golden Tee 2003 and didn't really notice a difference.

Good Luck!
TM

gtjoe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2006, 05:06:20 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 05:37:09 pm »
standard has .6" height above the metal plate
high lip has a 1" height above the metal plate.  surface area of the exposed trackball will be greater obviously.  detailed specs and dimensions at happcontrols.com

FYI - tons of 3" imperial trackballs (standard height)with ps2 connector are available on ebay.  search for arcade trackball.  I have seen it as low as $20 + $10 for shipping

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 07:41:38 pm »
standard has .6" height above the metal plate
high lip has a 1" height above the metal plate.  surface area of the exposed trackball will be greater obviously.  detailed specs and dimensions at happcontrols.com

You are confusing the high lip and the high ball models.  

The high ball has the 1" height above the plate.

The high lip is built just like the normal happs, except the high lip can be mounted on a thicker plate (1/4" vs 1/16").  The high lip also comes with a spacer so it can be mounted on the thinner plates too.  Illustration by happs of what I'm talking about: http://www.urebelscum.speedhost.com/images/highlip.gif

(The imperial/betson TBs are like this, too.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2002, 07:44:03 pm by u_rebelscum »
Robin
Knowledge is Power

ninjazx7

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2006, 11:33:02 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 10:11:33 am »
Thanks u_rebelscum, that clears stuff up quite a bit. Since I'm going to be making my own control panel, it doesn't really matter if I have that spacer or not since I'm going to have to make room for the TB anyhow. The main thing was that Bob Roberts didn't have the high lip ones and if that's what I needed, I'd have to go directly through Happs and pay more $$$$. Guess I'll just go with the regular 3" TB.

Thanks alot everyone.