Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: searching for TRON  (Read 1949 times)

amerish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2015, 11:01:33 am
  • Why build 1 when you can build 2 at twice the cost
    • You Saw It On TV
searching for TRON
« on: April 02, 2005, 11:20:31 am »
Perhaps a slight change in logic to allow spaces to be input in the search criteria.  Example - if you search for TRON with a space after the N, the results return pages that hit on electronics, etc.  Not quite the results I was looking for. 

On a side not, the board has been a big help and thanks to those who run this site and to the community for all the support.  I would not have been able to complete my first cab without your help.  Next project is going to be a Jukebox and then a TRON Cab.

sirwoogie

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 10:16:38 pm
  • It's Hollyfeld in a Winnebago!
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
Re: searching for TRON
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 02:37:41 pm »
This is a known limitation of how SMF and MySQL interoperate. For me to do full exact word matches incurs a severe penalty in speed and response of the search engine as well as the site in general (on the order of 30x to 50x slowdown). If you need the single word, prefix your word with a \

So, in your case you would search for '\tron'