Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Schiavo rumblings  (Read 10005 times)

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
Re: Schiavo rumblings
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2005, 03:16:38 pm »
This is really quite simple, if you "argue with integrity at stake."

Mrs. DeLay "pulled the plug" on her husband.

Mr. Schiavo "pulled the plug" on his wife.

If you DON'T have integrity at stake, it's quite easy to lie and tell us that Tom DeLay "pulled the plug" on his father.  Evidently I linked the story correctly, since you have no issue with that, you just saw it as an opportunity to demonstrate ignorance at the facts within it.  Kudos.   

Zero, in the quote Cooter pulled from the story, they're stating they've done just what you said in your final paragraph.  Not saying you have a point worth debating, simply stating that what you said is happening.   :)
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

Dartful Dodger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2005, 03:48:39 pm »
One last thing that I want to share...
If only that were true.

mr.Curmudgeon

• It's going to hurt your brain. A lot.
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2021, 07:15:49 pm
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2005, 12:48:14 am »
This is really quite simple, if you "argue with integrity at stake."

Mrs. DeLay "pulled the plug" on her husband.

Mr. Schiavo "pulled the plug" on his wife.

If you DON'T have integrity at stake, it's quite easy to lie and tell us that Tom DeLay "pulled the plug" on his father.  Evidently I linked the story correctly, since you have no issue with that, you just saw it as an opportunity to demonstrate ignorance at the facts within it.  Kudos.   

Tom Delay was there...did not object. By his definition of life, he should have objected, he didn't, so he's a barbaric murder who pulled the plug. Plain n' simple. It's not me that set this standard, it's him. You can't seem to grasp that. Under the SCCM definition, a feeding tube is life support. DeLay's father was on life support, and in fact, his prognosis would have been better than Terri's as he had a greater chance of coming out of a coma than she does of achieving rehabilitation while missing the majority of her cerebral cortex.

I'm not the only one that finds it hypocritical. Try the NYTimes, CNN, MSNBC, Wapo, etc...

The thing you seem to fail to understand is this: by his recent actions and words, Tom DeLay has condemned everyone who has had the misfortune of having to carry out a loved one's dying wish, after he himself, joined his family consensus to let his own father die. By his VERY OWN definition, he is "a murderer who refused to err on the side of life." Don't shoot the messenger here, if that idea makes you mad, which it should (and succesfully has, it seems)...then you should be pissed at Mr.DeLay...not me. I'm only throwing his words back in his face in an attempt to show you how absurd it truly is.

If only you had even one bit of this "integrity" thing I speak of, you'd know better than to defend the likes of Tom Delay. But keep it up though, this is fun to watch.

Furthermore, since you seem to enjoy it so much, here's some more wingnuts from the "morality crusade" for you to defend:

Jesus freak, Scott Heldreth, anti-abortion leader and father of the 10yr-old boy arrested at Schiavo protest, is a registered sex offender.

Bill Tierney; Schiavo protester who weeps at the notion that Terri may "suffer" a torturous death, has himself advocated/practiced torture as Former UNSCOM Inspector, where he also used his God-given powers of divination to proclaim he knew exactly where WMD were hidden in Iraq (confirmed to him by a friend's clairvoyant dream) and could drive there with his eyes closed.

I couldn't have made up that last one if I tried. This Schiavo deal has really brought the right-wing nutjobs out of the woodwork.

To sum up:

Tom DeLay=Unethical Hypocrite
Bible-thumping "Pro-life" protester#1=Multiple Offender/Sexual Predator
Bible-thumping "Pro-life" protester#2=Torturer and "Magician"
Bible-thumping "Pro-life" representative for the Schindler family (Randall Terry)=Censured Adulterer/Pro-violence anti-abortionist

mrC
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 01:53:01 am by mr.Curmudgeon »

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2005, 01:44:46 am »
One last thing that I want to share...
If only that were true.

Whaaaat? You mean Tom DeLay's father is still alive?? You better call him right this instant, i'm positive he'd want to know that, it's just been eating him up inside.

mrC

fredster

• Grand Prophet of Arcadeology
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2019, 04:28:53 pm
  • It's all good!
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2005, 10:59:20 am »
Nice Try MrC, but no dice.

I don't like Tom Delay myself. He's a political hack.

First you say that this is sad case is a "right wing" nut job issue that should be kept private, then you dig up crap like this from the Daily Kos. 
Tom Delay was there...did not object.

So he didn't pull the plug. 

Different situation entirely.  What was the issue here was a battle for custody between parents and estranged husband.  There was enough doubt cast by the family on the exact wishes of Terri that it put this out of the realm of black and white into he said she said.

It also proves that the Bush family follows the rules of Law doesn't it?  They didn't put an executive order down and re-insert and bow to political pressure did they?  Wow, now that would be an easy way out wouldn't it?

What kind of crusade are you on anyway MrC?  What is your world view? I can't fathom it.  I don't understand why you keep hammering on this at all. The Bible pounders have as much right to say what goes on as you do. Actually, there are more of them aren't there?

You call people "Jesus freak" and "right wingnuts".  What is this position you are taking ? "Liberal fanatic" what?

King of the Flying Monkeys from the Dark Side

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2005, 11:25:37 am »
Just heard she passed overnight. Jeez o pete, man!  It was a pre-written story that was accidentally published!  :o  Who the hell....nevermind.  Just boggles the mind ::)

Schiavo has decided to have an autopsy done.  Appears as if it will be done on the brain only.  Yeah, because THAT'S the concern ::) 

Nice to hear about Judge Greer's first book.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 12:18:42 pm by DrewKaree »

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2005, 12:00:03 pm »
I may have to REALLY rethink this!

Jesse Jackson and Susan Sarandon have spoken in support of Terri's feeding tube being reinserted.  Has anyone noticed any swine in their area at least hovering off the ground?

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2005, 02:52:27 pm »
What kind of crusade are you on anyway MrC?  What is your world view? I can't fathom it.  I don't understand why you keep hammering on this at all. The Bible pounders have as much right to say what goes on as you do.

NOTE: As I imagine most people will not read through this, I've bolded the more important points I'm trying to make. fredster, on the other hand, you have to read the whole thing...you asked for it.  ;)

You

mr.Curmudgeon

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Huzzah!
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2005, 04:13:33 pm »
Nice to hear about Judge Greer's first book.

About as predictable as the "selling of Schindler's list."  (Registration required, use http://www.bugmenot.com)

"The parents of Terri Schiavo have authorized a conservative direct-mailing firm to sell a list of their financial supporters, making it likely that thousands of strangers moved by her plight will receive a steady stream of solicitations from anti-abortion and conservative groups."

"Privacy experts said the sale of the list was legal and even predictable, if ghoulish."

mrC

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2005, 04:31:51 pm »
One last thing that I want to share

You said this 7 posts ago.

The last two posts are from you.

Sharing with yourself isn't sharing.

Crazy Cooter

• Senator Cooter was heard today telling the entire congressional body to STFU...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 03:40:45 pm
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2005, 08:59:25 pm »
Wasn't I the first to say the parents were going to cash in? :-\
I wonder how much they got?

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
Terry Schiavo passed away this morning.
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2005, 11:17:54 am »
The ending of a terrible ordeal for all involved.  God rest her soul.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Terry Schiavo passed away this morning.
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2005, 11:23:06 am »
Ending?  This is only the beginning, the very beginning.

Shape D.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2012, 06:17:57 pm
  • >Look at me, I'm a Newbie<
Re: Terry Schiavo passed away this morning.
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2005, 11:34:13 am »
now thats shes passed away politicians will use this as a standing point on what constitutes life support.

They wouldn't touch it as much as they wanted to while she was alive, now its politics without a persons life in jepordy.

I hate polititions.

Hey Baby, Have you ever met a Newbie with 38 pages of previous posts before? Do you Want to?

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2005, 03:24:31 am »
So the Shindler case opened the door for the case in this thread.  Hip hip, shudder.

Murder by doctor is starting to get a helping hand from murder by judge.  I don't foresee a whole lot of objections to that linked case, either. 

I guess it DOESN'T really matter if you've got a living will, you've gotta TATTOO your wishes to your CHEST so some idiot pencil pusher and an imbecile for a judge can actually see you "may have meant what you said" ::)

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2024, 07:28:30 pm
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2005, 11:34:49 am »
Well my replies are in the other thread, but:

1. The judge ruled that the woman be fed and life sustaining measures given, at this point. I don't quite see how this is murder by judge at all. Until the judge was brought in, at best this was human error or incompetence by the hospital staff, unless someone shows that they deliberately put the woman in this situation contrary to her wishes. Misunderstanding the extent of a power of attorney is a far cry from deliberately deciding to kill the woman.

2. Something this serious shouldn't be done by amateurs, which is most of us. Have a lawyer help you with your living will and power of attorney documents, and make sure many people have copies of them all.

So the Shindler case opened the door for the case in this thread.  Hip hip, shudder.

Murder by doctor is starting to get a helping hand from murder by judge.  I don't foresee a whole lot of objections to that linked case, either. 

I guess it DOESN'T really matter if you've got a living will, you've gotta TATTOO your wishes to your CHEST so some idiot pencil pusher and an imbecile for a judge can actually see you "may have meant what you said" ::)

--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com