Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dreaming of new Lazarus! New Features?  (Read 2238 times)

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
Dreaming of new Lazarus! New Features?
« on: November 14, 2002, 07:14:33 pm »
Hey,
Just wondered if I was the only one who can not wait for the next version of Lazarus? Its such a great frontend that makes the gaming on my machine so unique, customizable and easy to use! Howard can you drop us any hints of a release date or any new features that will be added?????

Thanks
Jim
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
Re:Dreaming of new Lazarus! New Features?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 07:19:48 pm »
Like mame, it will be released when he gets to it:)

DAMN IT!  another revelation for me FE, I don't know if the world will ever see mine:)
I found some cool SQL optimizations so I have to go through everything amd make sure everything is as ast as possible now after I get he XMl work finished.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 04:50:31 am »
Hey,
Just wondered if I was the only one who can not wait for the next version of Lazarus? Its such a great frontend that makes the gaming on my machine so unique, customizable and easy to use! Howard can you drop us any hints of a release date or any new features that will be added?????

Thanks
Jim

It comes out today(hopefully)  There aren't a whole lot of new features, but just enough to piss old users off as they will have to fresh install (again.)  Title snaps and real video previews are supported as well as the infamous 3d cabient plugin courtesy of )p(.  Also there is a new search feature and an additional search field, "driver", so displaying cabinets based on manufacturer is much easier.  I will also give in and use the vs6 package and deployment wizard due to the new complexity and the regsvr problems some have been having.  

Oh and unfortunately all skins are obsolete again. :(

BASSOFeeSH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2009, 12:46:42 am
  • TD-2779
    • Trooper Armor
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 09:27:26 am »

It comes out today(hopefully)  There aren't a whole lot of new features, but just enough to piss old users off as they will have to fresh install (again.)  Title snaps and real video previews are supported as well as the infamous 3d cabient plugin courtesy of )p(.  Also there is a new search feature and an additional search field, "driver", so displaying cabinets based on manufacturer is much easier.  I will also give in and use the vs6 package and deployment wizard due to the new complexity and the regsvr problems some have been having.  

Oh and unfortunately all skins are obsolete again. :(

Damn you & thank you at the same time!

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 10:24:07 am »
Hey,
I cant wait for the next release. I am kinda upset at the skin thing, but will there be any way to convert??

Is there going to be an easy way to organize roms? like tkae th emame roms and make a Mame section and one without Neo Geo roms..just have neo Geo ones?

take care.
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 11:39:21 am »
The skins technically are ok, until you load a new skin (4.0 skin)  then they take on the options of the extra features added from the previous skin. To convert you pretty much load and re-save.  

The new driver field helps you sort out roms.  All neogeo games use the neogeo.c mame driver, so you simply filter it in/out.    

Yarb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2019, 01:18:30 pm
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2002, 01:59:25 am »
I can't wait. As soon as this is released my cab will finally feel complete... well except the other control panels... oh and CP art... hey a new bezel.... well it woll feel usable anyway  ;D