Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Fitting new flyback...  (Read 646 times)

DaveJ-UK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 16, 2021, 06:26:07 am
  • Dirty Dawg
    • ChronicGames.NET
Fitting new flyback...
« on: March 23, 2005, 02:43:10 pm »
I've just got the old faulty flyback off, which wasn't easy, and now I'm just looking how I'm going to hook the new one up.

As well as the suction cap that goes on the tube, it has two wires that need to go to the neck board, labelled 2 and 3 on the flyback. I assume they go to the same places as the old 2 and 3 did.

One will be a simple unsolder the old one and solder the new one on. The other goes into the white plastic bit on the neck board that connects to the neck of the monitor.

How to I remove the old one and attach the new one? It just goes inside the plastic bit...

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
Re: Fitting new flyback...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:54:44 pm »
with regards to the one that goes to the neck socket, some have little caps that flip back to expose the wire soldered underneath, others, the whole thing has to come off, and some have a little release piece of plastic.  Without knowing your specific monitor i guess its trial and error.
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

DaveJ-UK

• Offline Offline
  • Dirty Dawg
    • ChronicGames.NET
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 03:02:28 pm »
Cheers buddy, I got it :D

Should be plain sailing now...

EDIT: Maybe not. I can't get the damn thing on. I've removed all the solder, but the pins just don't seem to line up! I've removed all the solder from the holes, but I think it's the big thick pin that just appears to be there for additional support is preventing it from slotting in nicely. That big pin isn't present on the old one and I'm just wondering if I can remove it?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 03:34:08 pm by DaveJ-UK »

DaveJ-UK

• Offline Offline
  • Dirty Dawg
    • ChronicGames.NET
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 04:37:29 pm »
I removed the big pin and it's now working good as new.

It was just hot melted on and didn't appear to serve any useful purpose other than to give additional support to the transformer.