Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Top Panel Clarification  (Read 3570 times)

antony30bc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2008, 04:24:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Top Panel Clarification
« on: March 20, 2005, 06:35:35 pm »
In regards to the Top panel placement the book instructs

You should have a line 3/4 inch below the top of the cabinet sides, and another 3/4 inch from the front of the cabinet top. Draw another line 3/4 inch below the top line. NOw take 8-inch sections of the 2-inch support strips and fix them into place flush with the second top line with glue and screws as done previously. ....Also make sure the front of the strips are 1/2 inch back from the front vertical line. Now take your cabinet top section and screw it into the support strips as showin in figure 2-18

Does this mean the front of the cabinet top should be flush with the support strips which are about 1 and 1/4" from the front of the cabinet, or that they should be flush with the 3/4 inch inset from the front of the cabinet sides?

Regards,
Stephen Goldberg

Scanner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2006, 07:57:44 pm
  • You Know!
Re: Top Panel Clarification
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 12:52:16 am »
This means cabinet top piece needs to be recessed 3/4" from the top of the sides pieces.

antony30bc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2008, 04:24:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Top Panel Clarification
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 08:42:58 am »
Thanks for the answer. I was confused because the pictures show the top with some overhang from the support strips, but the support strips were 1.25" from the cabinet front. Thus I read it as the top should be 3/4" from the front. 1/2" makes more sense to me if the marquee retainer + 2 sheets of lexan are still supposed to be 3/4" recessed.

Thanks again,
Stephen Goldberg