Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Musicmatch Radio MX  (Read 4061 times)

ophtho4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2003, 01:44:18 am
  • I'm a llama!
Musicmatch Radio MX
« on: November 02, 2002, 05:34:05 pm »
Probably not what most of you are looking for, but I am in love with Musicmatch Radio MX service.  If you don't know about or haven't tried it, I would highly recommend it as a great jukebox. Its only $40 for the entire year and it has a great selection of predefined CD quality stations. What is even better, you can create your own mix of those stations, or even define your own by typing in the name of up to  5 artists. A great or annoying quality depending on your viewpoint is that it then expands on those 5 artists to link to others with similar style music.  For instance, type Phillip Glass and get the Kronos Quartet, Laurie Anderson, Radiohead (all with minimalist styles). Its great to listen to a variety of music I don't own at CD quality level with no commercials.

I also like the fact that in addition to my MAME/Jukebox, I can log on from multiple locations at work and listen to the same music.  And finally I can also use it as a regular jukebox for all my MP3s.

Yes, its not an authentic looking Jukebox and you need to have windows up and running to use it, but if you are not too picky it may meet your needs. They even allow you to use the MX service for a week for free to see if its what you want

If anyone knows of better services out there I would love to hear about them.

And NO, I don't own stock or work for the company. I just wanted to let others check this out that didn't know about the service already. No thread crappers need reply.