Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Project - Basement Boomerang  (Read 2763 times)

1cal

• Trade Count: (0)
New Project - Basement Boomerang
« on: March 04, 2005, 07:44:52 pm »
Hi
I am new to this forum and would like to announce my website of the cabinet I've been working on for the last year or two.

The cabinet was built from scratch and the design was influence by many projects on the BYOAC site in particular 'MAME: a cabinet in 24 hours' whilst the design is

Wienerdog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 06:28:51 am
  • If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Re: New Project - Basement Boomerang
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 07:53:11 pm »
Ah, the revival of the Crayola Trackball...  Congratulations on finishing the project!
This opinion was created from 100% post consumed information.

Gunstar Hero

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2014, 01:51:17 am
  • Back in action!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 10:21:22 pm »
Looks good!  ;D

1cal

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 08:37:07 am »
Thanks guys! ;D

I am am not sure what to do with the Crayola trackball whether to make another control panel or have a drawer under the existing panel. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated.

The trackball was very hard to find and I eventually found an internet site advertising one and placed an order. The guy called me on the phone explaining that they were no longer trading and the stock of balls were used in their own pre-school learning centre. He said despite the complaints from his wife he would still sell me one because I obviously wanted it so much. I dared not tell him what I wanted it for. :-[
Cheers
Cal

1cal

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 05:16:50 am »
With image!

1cal

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 06:35:52 am »
I've mocked up some side art for the cabinet. I'm not sure how I will get the art onto the cabinet . Does anyone know any good techniques for printing and applying the art?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/callum.henderson/

Thanks
Cal