Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcadeos Problem with JPAC  (Read 1892 times)

Superdude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2016, 11:53:48 am
  • Mo' Betta Butter with da Betta Playa'
Arcadeos Problem with JPAC
« on: October 31, 2002, 10:58:15 am »
I recently purchased an J-Pac from ultimarc.com.  I just installed it
in my jamma cabinet.  It fails to display arcadeos so for unknown reason.
Here is the boot sequenece.

(ArcadeOs and Mame set to Arcade)

Intial: No good - good
Booting: Split Screen - good
Dos: Split Screen - good
Arcadeos - Black Screen
Arcadeos in VGA - Split Screen but good
DMame - AWESOME except for verticle games, pacman (I think it because of the resolution)
DMame in VGA - no good

Now when I boot arcadeos with arcade option on with a PC Monitor, it too is black.
Is this correct?

Is this a VGA Card problem?  (I have an ATI Dual VE Edition)
or
A software problem?

Thanks for your help.

thelevin8r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2006, 03:25:20 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Arcadeos Problem with JPAC
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 04:19:01 pm »
I'm no expert at this...

I too just started using arade OS and advance mame. my pc has an integrated ati rage pro. I built the pc with a cd that you can download here http://www.mame.how.to/. You should check this site out because it walks you through manually installing and configuring arcadeOS and advmame.

Superdude

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2002, 11:24:30 am »
You kick ass!!!!  Dude I didnt install the with the boot cd but I took your advice and reinstalled.  Works PERFECT!!  THANKS!!!!!

thelevin8r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2006, 03:25:20 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2002, 11:37:22 am »
Sweet! I'm glad I was able to help someone else for a change.

I've been running through the advmame tool ADVV to adjust all the resolutions and it has fixed the problam I was haveing with vertical games like PACMAN being too tall to fit the sreen, and with them being wavy. All this stiff gets fixed when following this guys directions at the above site, except I can not fix this one:

If I try to play Asteroids, Battle Zone, or those types I get an error when launching that says no setting for standard VGA 640 X 480. I crated a resolition of 640 X 480 in ADVV, but this does not work. Can anyone help with this?

Superdude

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 06:46:20 pm »
I'll be glad to help because I am now having the pacman resolution problem.  IE Pac being 288 when I have arcade that is only 240 lines.  I have to install advance mame now, if I come across a solution I'll let ya know!

Sweet! I'm glad I was able to help someone else for a change.

I've been running through the advmame tool ADVV to adjust all the resolutions and it has fixed the problam I was haveing with vertical games like PACMAN being too tall to fit the sreen, and with them being wavy. All this stiff gets fixed when following this guys directions at the above site, except I can not fix this one:

If I try to play Asteroids, Battle Zone, or those types I get an error when launching that says no setting for standard VGA 640 X 480. I crated a resolition of 640 X 480 in ADVV, but this does not work. Can anyone help with this?

Davestar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2013, 01:55:36 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 01:48:07 pm »
Theelven8r,
First try running the game from a dos prompt with a direct command to Advmame.  If the game works then, you need to attack in Arcadeos.  As I remember there may be a switch in the Arcadeos.cfg file that sets 640X480.   You may need to set that to 0.
If the game still doesn't run from the command line, you will need to go to advmame to fix the issue.    
Try going into advmame.rc file with a text editor.  I use edit advmame.rc at the command line.  Then look for the set up on the particular game your interested in.  It should be listed by rom info.  If there is any info for your rom (like Astroids) then delete it.  I had this problem before when I had the wrong info in the config file.

After you get the game to boot, you can use the "." and the "," to cycle through different resolutions quickly to find the proper one.  

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2002, 02:04:03 pm by Davestar »
--Dave

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:36:42 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2002, 01:46:21 pm »

If I try to play Asteroids, VGA 640 X 480. I crated a resolition of 640 X 480 in ADVV, but this does not work. Can anyone help with this?

I tried making 640x480 in my Standard Arcade Monitor and of course it would not work. 480 is to high. But I have found a nice resolution at 640x250@60hz and it palys good now. Also if you are using Advmame, use sound 11025 for Asteroid, this eliminate the stutter when a new ships comes in.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0