Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lazarus Error need help  (Read 2380 times)

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
Lazarus Error need help
« on: October 27, 2002, 02:33:54 am »
Hi Howard and gang,

Not sure if u got my msg howard because it did not show up in the send box of my email so I will post it here. i apologize if you did recieve it via my email too.

Gettting wacky error in LAZ says

Runtime error '-214746259 (800004005)' Automation Error Unasigned Error

I get it when i try to hit the exit key from a emu. I had to format xp and start over and now i get this error? anyone help me resolve?
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
Re:Lazarus Error need help
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 08:49:58 am »
Hey
Ok i think it has to do with my skin I may have sortede it out.. but for some reason when i try to run a game it leaves Lazarus up and mame loads but in the background? how do u resolve that one?

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
Fixed
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 12:04:00 pm »
 :)

Well I am very happy got it working great again!! This is the best FE ever! I have 2 questions.. could someone give me a crash course on getting MP3 list to play randomly in Lazarus? I forget how to do it. Also I am running a 950 Duron, would a 1.2 athlon help run N64 smoother?
Just curious as I may swap chips. also only have a geforce 32mb card what would be best? and links to buy?

thanks
Jim

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:59:32 am
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 06:08:46 pm »
Hey
Ok i think it has to do with my skin I may have sortede it out.. but for some reason when i try to run a game it leaves Lazarus up and mame loads but in the background? how do u resolve that one?

Actually it's supposed to do this... lazarus freezes itself, so it isnt' actually using any resources, it just hides the ugly little box until the rom has finished loading.  

check your window options in the lazarus.ini to chage this if it really bothers you ;)

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 06:25:02 pm »
Hey
Its not working again.. :( i hit run to run the game and the scrreen goes black?? i have tried all the options what would it be? then i ctrl+alt+del and i see mame is running but lazarus is not responding.

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2002, 06:36:29 pm »
Ok heres some config files. why wont work i have no clue? I have all the files there.. they all show. u hit run and skin goes black like its trying to load but no mame or other emu appears.

DIR.INI
roms=D:\Mame\roms;D:\Zinc\roms;E:\Nes\roms;E:\Snes\roms;E:\Genesis\roms;E:\32x;E:\Turbo\roms;E:\N64\roms;D:\Modeler\roms;E:\Master\Roms;E:\GBA\Roms

Primary Artwork Dir=D:\Mame\
Additional AW Dirs=D:\Zinc;E:\Nes;E:\Snes;E:\Genesis;E:\32x;E:\Turbo;E:\N64;D:\Modeler;E:\Master;E:\GBA

[startvd]

[path]
logo=Mame.gif
caption=Mame
useclones=1
searchstrings:5=MAME
filters:
[/path]

[path]
logo=Modeler.gif
caption=Modeler
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=Modeler
[/path]

[path]
logo=zinc.gif
caption=Zinc
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=Zinc
[/path]

[path]
logo=master.gif
caption=Master
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=Master

[path]
logo=nes.gif
caption=Nintendo
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=Nes

[path]
logo=turbo.gif
caption=Turbo
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=Turbo
[/path]

[path]
logo=snes.gif
caption=SNES
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=Snes
[/path]

[path]
logo=genesis.gif
caption=Genesis
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=Genesis
[/path]

[path]
logo=32x.gif
caption=Sega 32x
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=32x
[/path]

[path]
logo=n64.jpg
caption=N64
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=N64
[/path]

[path]
logo=gba.gif
caption=gba
useclones=0
searchstrings:5=gba
[/path]

[/startvd]

LAZARUS.INI
[Lazarus]
****Raging Dragon initiation file
****This file MUST be setup before you can run RD properly
****Please leave all options and comments in tact.
****turn wordwrap on for most readable results

****Designate the window Style
****1=Solid
****2=Psudeo Translucent (for 9x users)
****3=True Translucent (for 2000/XP users ONLY)
****If your menu won't appear then set it to 1

MenuStyle=1

****The refresh rate of the lists...leave this alone unless you run into problems with the scroll rate.
****the default setting is 100 btw
****The artwork scroll rate determines how fast the artwork will refresh
****keep it equal to or higher than the list scroll or strange results will occur

listScrollRate= 50
ArtWScrollRate= 100

****This is an option for users of the ati mm center.  To use it save two profiles in the settings for your card..... one for the default settings and one or when the fe is launched....
****give the fe scheme a shortcut key ctrl-alt-a (arcade) and the default ctrl-alt-d (default)
****This is useful for switching to tv display automatically
****For more info consult your ati cards documentation on how to set this up
****Put yes for yes and no for no

AtiSwitcher=0

****This is a quick and dirty way for Rd to set your display settings for you...
****It dosen't hold to this res though so make sure all of your emus are configured to match this res..
****Please note that this will force the settings upon windows wheather your hardware supports them or not.
****I HOLD NO RESPONSIBLITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR MONITOR OR VIDEO CARD IF YOU USE UNSUPPORTED SETTINGS!!  USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

xRes= 800
YRes= 600

****Special Note about these......
***if you fill out one (aracde or desktop) and leave the other blank it will use those settings for both so beware!!

****Desktop Frequency

RefR= 85
Bits= 32

****Arcade frequency

RefRA= 60
BitsA= 32

****If you want rd to exit windows upon shutdown then enter yes else enter no

ShutDownOnExit=0

***You can make the command line box appear in different modes when mame starts.  Your options are as follows:  
***0=hidden,1=maximized(has focus),2=minimized(has focus),3=minimized(lacks focus), 4=normal,5=normal(lacks focus)
***I don't reccomend any of the modes that lack focus as they can cause display issues for mame.

LaunchStyle=3

[SpecialOptions]

*****This section is going to be ever growing.  It contains quick universal settings for mame that arent easy to setup in the normal mame build.

*****This fixes the capcom games and the battletoads game by sending them the proper aspect ratio in hwstreatch mode.  
*****If you know of any other games that need a fix let me know and I'll include a fix for them.

AspectFix=0

*****This checks to see if a game uses a 4way joystick and if it does it turns on steady key for you.  

4wayFix=0

[Keys]
UiUp=38
uiDown=40
uiNext50=39
uiPrev50=37
uiConfig=86
uiNextPath=18
uiPreviousPath=17
uiSelect=49
uiExit=67
uiMute=53
uiInfo=54
uiShift=50
**the keycodes to the assigned keys for each function, can be set internally

[Joystick]
'PrevPath
'NextPath
'Select
'Exit
'Mute
'Refresh
'ScreenSaver
'Config
'Random
'Info

*put the appropriate action for each button...
*The list of Possible functions is above.  
*the axis are given the up/down/left/right functions by default
and cannot be re-mapped.  

b0=     na
b1=     na
b2=     na
b3=     na
--BINGO! Either that, or I was attempting to say "before" but it was too many letters to type--=     na
b5=     na
b6=     NA
b7=     NA
b8=     NA
b9=     NA
b10=    NA
b11=    Exit

[BookKeeping]
*Leave this section be, thanks.
Current Skin=\DemonCade\
ScreenSaverRate=-1
VolRate=0
Mute=0
templi=20
tempdr=9
tempfs=0

random=0
lastMfile=0

MAME.CFG
extension=.zip
path=D:\mame\
exe=lzmame.exe
send rom path=1
send exit keys=0
command line options;

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2002, 12:33:09 am »
I'm gonna have to smack you on this one........

***You can make the command line box appear in different modes when mame starts.  Your options are as follows:  
***0=hidden,1=maximized(has focus),2=minimized(has focus),3=minimized(lacks focus), 4=normal,5=normal(lacks focus)
***I don't reccomend any of the modes that lack focus as they can cause display issues for mame.

LaunchStyle=3

see where i DON'T reccomend using any launchstyle modes that lack focus..... that's your problem, change it to any mode that recieves focus.

:P
;-)

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2002, 05:30:31 pm »
Hey,

I relize this Howard but I tried them all before and it did not work for me.. tried every single one. once in a while it worked on 3 then stopped. what do u suggest? i left the default and it wont work ? tired the others as well.

JIM

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2002, 08:26:11 pm »
find one that works well with mame

if it doesn't work for the other emulators then you don't have a wrapper setup for them (which is reccomended for all non-mame emulators)  or it's the fault of the way the emulators displays itself.  

when you say "launch a game" that tells me nothing as each emulator behaves differently.  
:)

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2002, 10:16:18 am »
Hey,
Ok I am not sure what you need :( It worked before fine, then I formated and reinstalled xp and a few of the drives changed but that was it. SO i adjusted the dirs and configs accordingly. Basically i see the Skin and game list, hit start and the skin goes away but mame never pops on. What would be the best way to resolve it? I tried reinstalling laz from scratch too. Could I be missing something in my files?

thanks for all the help
Jim

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2002, 11:40:34 pm »
The skin shouldn't go away... if you are getting a blank screen than that is most likely mame.  Check your mame setup would be my guess.  

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2002, 10:22:27 am »
Hey,
I am coming home on Friday so I will try again, but no matter what emu I run it does the same thing. Screen (skin goes black) as if its trying to load the emu and then it doesn't appear. If i ctrl+alt+del I see Lazarus is not responding so I close it, then the emu runs?

Jim

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2002, 01:29:59 am »
Hey,
I am coming home on Friday so I will try again, but no matter what emu I run it does the same thing. Screen (skin goes black) as if its trying to load the emu and then it doesn't appear. If i ctrl+alt+del I see Lazarus is not responding so I close it, then the emu runs?

Jim

It's supposed to do this.... when a game is loaded lazarus locks itself ... if you were to ctrl+alt+del  at any point when a game is running it would tell you that it isn't responding.... it's right it isn't, it's designed that way.  :)

Also this means that the display doesn't refresh, so if something covers it, it will turn the color of the thing in front of it....

in other words your emulator is starting and then it looses focus for whatever reason.  btw while the rom is loading you will NOT get a mame screen if hidden is the display mode.  That part is hidden so while the rom is loading you are going to have to wait.... in other words if you load up metal slug lazarus is going to look like it's "locked up"..... actually it's just waiting for the huge metal slug rom to load, which can take up to a minute on some systems.....  keep that in mind....

So test with pacman, not your latest 30 meg fighter.  :)

i think your problem is a focus issue.... you need to find out what application is stealing focus  

some of the geforce screen managment programs are infamous for this, so be sure to disable them.