Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcadeos - What setup is optimal for Arcade Monitor  (Read 1373 times)

Superdude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2016, 11:53:48 am
  • Mo' Betta Butter with da Betta Playa'
Arcadeos - What setup is optimal for Arcade Monitor
« on: October 24, 2002, 01:18:37 pm »
What setup is optimal for Arcade Monitor for Arcadeos?  What display settings should I use?  Meaning Font Size, colors etc...  Is there a way to change the font larger on an Arcade Monitor?  I seen the CFG and says this is only for SVGA.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re:Arcadeos - What setup is optimal for Arcade Monitor
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 11:08:08 pm »
If you set the DISPLAY to 320x200 for an arcade monitor you loose the choices of font size due to screen resolution.  However the default font with 320x200 is very large when at this resolution. I think the choice of font color etc will depend on your personal preference.  

BobA

Superdude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2016, 11:53:48 am
  • Mo' Betta Butter with da Betta Playa'
Re:Arcadeos - What setup is optimal for Arcade Monitor
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 09:39:16 am »
Thanks!  I was worried about the font size being unreadable on the arcade monitor.  I feel alot better now!

If you set the DISPLAY to 320x200 for an arcade monitor you loose the choices of font size due to screen resolution.  However the default font with 320x200 is very large when at this resolution. I think the choice of font color etc will depend on your personal preference.  

BobA