Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SK Jukebox and Mamewah  (Read 2549 times)

Sharkfin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2005, 06:05:58 pm
SK Jukebox and Mamewah
« on: February 07, 2005, 05:20:48 am »
I've just finished setting up the excellent SK Jukebox software and am now trying to integrate it with the equally excellent Mamewah. Is it possible to generate custom lists based on directories containing different genres of music.

i.e. one emulator entry with one list containing:

Rock
Rap
Pop
etc..

TIA for any help.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: SK Jukebox and Mamewah
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 06:30:15 pm »
Did you try the genre function in SKJB?  If you have your music setup like :

C:\Music\Rock
C:\Music\Metal

etc,

you would put in a path of 'C:\Music' and tick the 'First Part Of Directory Is Genre' box under the directory list.

When you load the program, the list of genres are displayed, and can be displayed again using the 'Switch Genres' key (see the Key Mapping section for the value of this key, and change it if you wish).

If this solution does not suit, please let me know.

papaschtroumpf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2013, 11:41:10 pm
  • Have a Cow!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 12:49:39 am »
I don't think that's what he's asking.

Currently my setup is that my "jukebox" emulator list in mamewah has only one entry "Start the jukebox"

I think what he's asking is to have multiple entries in mamewah, each of which would start SK directly into a specified genre. You could do that by adding a command line for the genre for SK but I'm not sure why this is a useful feature, unless you can skin it differently for each genre, in which case it would at least "look" like you're starting something different for every mamewah entry?

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 03:30:12 am »
I don't think that's what he's asking.

Currently my setup is that my "jukebox" emulator list in mamewah has only one entry "Start the jukebox"

I think what he's asking is to have multiple entries in mamewah, each of which would start SK directly into a specified genre. You could do that by adding a command line for the genre for SK but I'm not sure why this is a useful feature, unless you can skin it differently for each genre, in which case it would at least "look" like you're starting something different for every mamewah entry?

Yeah, I thought that might have been the case, I was just making sure that the already existing Genre function had been explored.   :)

Sharkfin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2005, 06:05:58 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 07:02:29 am »
Thanks for the excellent feedback guys. I missed the genre switching, it works really well, a command line description of the directory would be nice, enabling lists to be set up in Mamewah but I'm not greedy and switching genre's within SK Jukebox is good enough for me.

Keep up the good work.