Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ideas to Arcade Music Box 2.0 (changing IDE)?  (Read 1803 times)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Ideas to Arcade Music Box 2.0 (changing IDE)?
« on: January 30, 2005, 08:08:00 am »
Arcade Music Box v1.12 is the last version you would see from me in the while.

I have plans to change from Dark Basic Pro to BlitzPlus (it have "only" a 2d engine) for Arcade Music Box, that should Fixing all graphic cards problems. Great to support older machines, like most of you have.

What do you need to have to the future AMB?

Do you need the vertical support? I have plans to drop this feature.

Do you need to have the "clint/server" features (add songs from another computers)? This is still a plan (BlitzPlus support this too).

This version should came en a month or 2.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 10:09:17 am by Space Fractal / Denmark »
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re: Ideas to Arcade Music Box 2.0 (changing IDE)?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:12:11 am »
My only requirement is that it works at low resolution (640x480) and touchscreen and no keyboards for everything (other then configuration).  So resizable fonts are good.   It also needs to work at smaller screen sizes (14" 15" ect.  Not everyone has a 19" touchscreen lcd)... So buttons need to be larger / configurable. 

Mainly because many cheap ebay touchscreens only work (or look good) at low resolution. 

Also, it needs basic tape player / cd player type controls on the touchscreen.  I NEED to be able to stop or fast forward past my kids songs... I don't want to have to listen to 40 pop goes the weasels because my daughter gets excited.  I also would like to be able to start from the beginning of the same song again.

I don't care for keypads.  Its for home and a touchscreen.  The keypad is too hard for my kids.

I would like to seperate the lists per user.  So my kids don't select Rob Zombie when trying to find Kids Bob.

I personally love the look / feel of the Virtual Jukebox and SK Jukebox. 

if you start with a skinner type system (even with txt files for configuration and no editor) I would be super duper happy.

Movie files would be great... But I only have a few as of this moment.

Different views (artist / style / song name) that you can change without a keyboard is always nice.

I can't think of any others...

Boy... I thought I was only going to ask for 640x480 :) 

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 11:41:38 am »
Arcade Music Box (AMB) was not intended for use with touchscreen from the start, but for all form for controllers (including trackballs). AMB was used with Mamewah in mind.

Maybe I should make a simple button panel in the button screen for the touchscreen users?

Arcade Music Box v1 has support for 320x240 and up, and should look very fine in 640x480. Arcade Music Box was intendend for use in a very low resoulations (640x480 and below). Im keep that, 640x480 is the main resoulation.

The multiusers system: Sound great. You could maybe make users in the main music dir, and sort the musics in the subdir? You would beable to put a password in the subdir in AMB v2.0 (and use the info.txt system, like that one in AMB v1.12).

I also would like to be able to start from the beginning of the same song again: Is allready presents in v1.12 and I keep that.

I NEED to be able to stop or fast forward past my kids songs: What do you maen?

I made a cd player in AMB2.0 (bass.dll support that, so it easy to made), but there are no rippers system.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 11:43:30 am »
I NEED to be able to stop or fast forward past my kids songs... I don't want to have to listen to 40 pop goes the weasels because my daughter gets excited.

:D :D :D
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 04:03:23 pm »
ok. I can see that  :D ...

... A skip songs in the queue is all you needed (or you could just use the credit system (can been enable/disabled in AMB), that presents in most arcade jukeboxes today).