Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to detatch Klipsch control pod?  (Read 8639 times)

JCKnife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2008, 09:41:57 pm
How to detatch Klipsch control pod?
« on: January 09, 2005, 08:50:56 am »
I got the Klipsch 2.1 speakers on the recommendation of the Project Arcade book and  I love them, but I don't see how to detatch the control pod as suggested in the book. No obvious screws, and I fear breaking it if I just pry it off.

Buddabing

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2015, 02:51:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: How to detatch Klipsch control pod?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:10:42 am »
I got the Klipsch 2.1 speakers on the recommendation of the Project Arcade book and  I love them, but I don't see how to detatch the control pod as suggested in the book. No obvious screws, and I fear breaking it if I just pry it off.

I have the 4.1 which IIRC has the same sort of pod as the 2.1. The metal "leg" is held onto the speaker by a single large screw in the bottom of the speaker.  The control pod slides into a slot on the bottom of the speaker. No screws. It slides from the back of the speaker towards the front. You may need to remove the leg in order to remove the control pod. It's a difficult chore. Those leg screws are extremely tight and I've stripped more than one of them.

A digital camera would be nice to have here. Unfortunately I don't own one.

HTH,
Buddabing
I have changed my nickname to "Cakemeister". Please do not PM the Buddabing account because I do not check it anymore.

Please read the wiki!

JCKnife

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 09:23:41 pm »
I've got the stand removed and it still doesn't want to budge.

Buddabing

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2015, 02:51:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 09:33:50 pm »
I've got the stand removed and it still doesn't want to budge.

There are no screws.  The only way to remove the pod is to either break it, which you don't want to do. :) or to slide it along the groove in the bottom on the speaker.

It takes a considerable amount of force. In fact, it might be worth your while just to buy another satellite from Ebay. Consider the cost to benefit ratio.

I have changed my nickname to "Cakemeister". Please do not PM the Buddabing account because I do not check it anymore.

Please read the wiki!

JCKnife

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 07:38:47 am »
Anyone actually do this with a Klipsch 2.1 speaker?

JCKnife

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 02:00:12 pm »
Okay, this finally worked. The pod does slide out backwards and, to my amazement, has no screws or clips holding it in place. It's just really tight. I found that emptying the speaker case and applying some inward pressure to the sides caused the bottom to bow outward enough to help release it.