Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help Needed: L-PAD installation (Oscar?)  (Read 2049 times)

wakerlet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2007, 11:37:53 am
  • 1-2-3-4..thats the combination on my luggage
Help Needed: L-PAD installation (Oscar?)
« on: January 07, 2005, 05:00:54 pm »
Okay,

I'm sick of adjusting the sound in the games with the controls.  I'm ready to install an L-PAD for external volume control in my cab.  The question I have is:  How do I do it?  One place said to wire it between the output of the sound card and the speakers and the other said to do it after the amp and before the speakers.

My setup consists of the following:  SB Live sound card, disassembled pc amp wired to stock cabinet speakers.  Now where along the sound card-amp-speaker chain do I install the L-PAD?  Diagrams or pictures would help.

Oscar (Kelsey) I know you've done this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Help Needed: L-PAD installation (Oscar?)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 12:48:12 am »
Over on the pachitalk.com forums (Pachislo mods & tech info) there is an L-Pad installation thread with wiring diagrams. L-Pads are connected between the amplifier output and speaker(s).

wakerlet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2007, 11:37:53 am
  • 1-2-3-4..thats the combination on my luggage
Re: Help Needed: L-PAD installation (Oscar?)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 08:59:21 pm »
Thanks Ken.  Here is the diagram that was posted in the other forum.  My L-Pad is labeled 1, 2, and 3 so I assume that the pin at the top is #1?

BTW, what happens if I mix up the negative and positive wires?  Will it blow up or something?

Thanks,
Todd