Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mp3 Corrupt Files  (Read 1877 times)

Yahko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2005, 12:45:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mp3 Corrupt Files
« on: December 29, 2004, 11:41:38 am »
Hello There,

For the past week i'm comming up more and more times with corrupt mp3 files. I download the file from Soulseek or e-Mule. Play the song and its totaly normal, and the next day when i try to play it > it says its corrut and i need to do Clndisk or something like that.

Did any one had same problem and how can it be solved.

Yahko

RacerX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 04:53:33 pm
  • Longtime member, sometime poster.
Re: Mp3 Corrupt Files
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 01:36:21 pm »
What are you using to play the mp3 files?  Is it happening to all of them, or just some of them?  Does it happen to mp3 files that you downloaded prior to your noticing this issue?

I.E. - we need more information if we're going to help you.

Yahko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2005, 12:45:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 12:45:18 am »
I'm using Winamp 2.XX

Its happening to selected Files. In a folder of 10 files 2 are corrupt. its happening after i downloaded them and already listened to them. So they become corrupt after that. I dont know how....

My Pc some times has a Reboot - if my E-Donkey is open. Some one told me its some kind of spyware that just shuts your PD. BUT the files that i find corruped are far from being used at the time of the Reboot.

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2018, 04:45:32 am
  • Sober until banned. Can post but still can't read.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 03:50:30 am »
Could be your ISP. I've had experiences on dial-up where I would receive nothing but scrambled files. Other ISPs (the more expensive ones) were fine. If you're on broadband, forget what I just typed. Other things:

Try downloading them from someone elses computer using the same software.

Or your Hard disk is on the way out. If it makes funny noises on startup, chances are you have faulty sectors.

Good luck.
Now in a tasty new flavour.

RacerX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 04:53:33 pm
  • Longtime member, sometime poster.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 09:56:53 pm »
The mp3's are probably corrupt before you listen to them.  I don't see how just listening to them would corrupt them.  The only way that could happen is if they were being reencoded.