Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question About Good Sets  (Read 1340 times)

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
Question About Good Sets
« on: October 12, 2002, 08:26:49 am »
Hi.
I have some good sets and wondered if anyone knew a way to sort them so that only 1 of each rom exists? like not 10 Legend of zeldas only one? I am sure you just sort but what is the best way to do it?

thanks in advance
Jim
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:42:41 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re:Question About Good Sets
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2002, 01:47:32 pm »
Well unfortunately there isn't any standardization when it comes to console roms.  It makes it very difficult to sort anything.  This is why I'm so gung ho about getting all emulators to standardize thier roms and artwork like mame does.  It's not to say the mame is better, but at least when you see two roms with different names you know they are actually different roms.  

Sorry I can't be of any help though. :(

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2002, 05:35:30 pm »
Hey
thanks for the info.
Yea it would be great if they were standardized! Also N64 which is the best emu? I want to play Wrestelmania 2000 but nothing i try seems to run

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:42:41 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2002, 10:06:38 pm »
An honest answer... none of the above.  

Since the n64 was the last of the cartridge based systems, the game designers used a lot of tricks to get the most out of the system.  Unfortunately this often meant a custom microchip in each cartridge.  

Translation:  It could be years and years and years before the n64 emulators are even close to perfect.  An example of this is the snes.  It's what, 10 years old now and has been emulated for about 8 years.  They still have problems emulating the few games that had that custom fx chip.  

Your best bet is to buy a n64 and play them legitimately.  Wrestlemania 2000 had two custom chips if I'm not mistaken... one of them handled the animated textures used for the titan tron videos and I have no clue what the other did but apparently it was important as the game won't run on any system.  

Demon-Seed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2002, 10:27:33 pm »
Hey
My buddy has a n64 and said i could have it! I am going to try it after i see how the dreamcast goes