Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: can't get games full screen  (Read 632 times)

stevejt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2022, 01:21:32 pm
  • stevejt.com
    • My site
can't get games full screen
« on: November 28, 2004, 08:39:06 pm »
I was changing settings, and swapping video cards trying to get best performance out of a new mame computer.  I noticed now, that I can't get most games to go full screen.  MOST have black ALL around them.  I am pretty sure, that before I could get them to go full.  Though I am unexperienced in MAME, I have common sense.  I went through all the options and am having no luck.  It seems most games play in an area about 3/4 of my screen.  With maintain aspect ratio off, they fill that "box" of 3/4 of my screen.  Please let me know what I may be over looking.  I am currently using a 21 inch pc monitor for display. That has not changed.

Thank You So Much!

Steve

whammoed

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2024, 12:18:26 pm
  • Crack don't smoke itself
    • NiceMite
Re: can't get games full screen
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 08:45:28 pm »
you may have switched to a card that does not support hardware stretching.  If you don't already have it download mame32 and go to the game options...if it doesn't let you select hardware stretching then your card does not support it.  Pick one that does.

StephenH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2023, 06:15:45 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 09:30:14 pm »
Try adjusting your monitors controls, as well as trying other resolutions and refresh rates.

stevejt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2022, 01:21:32 pm
  • stevejt.com
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 12:06:54 am »
THANK YOU,  whammoed.  It was the hardware stretching.  It was driving me nuts, (not hard to do).  I changed every available option with no results.  (MAME32 btw)  The card that was in at the time, and the one other I tried at the time didn't support it.  I didn't notice that the first 2 did.  I also notice that one more card I was gonna chuck, supports it, and with it selected, caused slow down.  Now without it on, it works fine, and has a tv out, (hmmmm, to move tv, or to move computer.)  I know this all might seem simple to some out there, but I am new to all the specific details of mame .  I have ALOT of computer parts lying around, and some extra cabs.  I thought I might be able to put together 2 or 3 mame systems, for only the price of the ipacs. 

Thanks Again!  Your help is appreciated!

Steve