Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade vga resolution problem...  (Read 651 times)

mamerocks87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2007, 12:21:33 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Arcade vga resolution problem...
« on: November 24, 2004, 11:33:03 pm »
I just installed my arcade vga card and installed the drivers. i accidently changed the resolution to 330 something, and now everything is super big. i cant see the galaga ship to change resolutons. Can someone help me out?/

-Kyle

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Arcade vga resolution problem...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 07:26:08 am »
Right click the windows desktop and change res the hard way.

Or keep lunging at the galaga ship until you get it. I have done that successfully before.

Can you SEE your Galaga ship? Mine is invisible all the time, but it takes up a spot in the tray.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

dmbfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2007, 07:17:07 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 05:38:06 pm »
Why is that tool helpful?  I don't understand.  Why does anyone need to change the resolutions on the window desktop?  The games all change to their arcade resolutions automatically when loading a game up if using the the arcadevga resolution tool.

Am I missing something here?

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 07:33:05 pm »
Something about the arcadevga driver, you are supposed to use the galaga ship and not the display properties.

And it can be quite useful if you are running a super low res.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.