Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Just Another Mame Cab...  (Read 5399 times)

hyiu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
Just Another Mame Cab...
« on: September 26, 2002, 04:14:42 pm »
Hi All:
Just want to show my finished Mame Cab  ;D  ;D ;D and also some stand alone sticks that I made/converted. Thx for all the help I got here.... Nothing really special.  Converted a gutted cab, and added a keyboard tray below control panel.  If I want, the cp is only mounted by 4 panel clamps, so, swapping panel is easy if I decide to build more panels for this cab.  Marquee is still not printed.  Webpage still needs updates, but there are some details and pics available.

http://www.geocities.com/hyiu/Arcade/

Advise/comments/suggestions are appreciated...

:)  ;)  :D  ;D
Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:Just Another Mame Cab...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 05:52:11 pm »
GRRR... >:(

MAN !  geocity suck so bad...i was looking at some pics and now it says tempory baned or somethin..

Anyhow i did manage to take a look at the final cab.

NIIIICE ! ! !....super duper clean looking.Also,what is that artwork on the panel? ???  hmmm..not quite sure but look like some game i never played.

Good work converting.I never thought it was possible to make it look like that.Your panel fitted so nicely on that cab.

NOW can i take back my cabinet back?I will give you your money back.LOL :D
Seriouslly,you did some fine work.Things like adding a drawer.i never ever thought it would be possible on that cab.

ENJOY ;D
;D

nullb0y

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 04:37:32 pm
  • Who wants some?
    • antinull
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 11:11:12 pm »
the art on tyhe cp is starwars pod racing i think
umm i have a question got any origonal stuff likt cp overlays or bezels?
Alright. Who wants some? Who's next? Huh? How 'bout it? Who wants some? Huh? Who wants to have a little? You.
  You want some more? Huuuh? You want a little? Do ya? Huh? You want some more? Huh? Huh? Hh!

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 01:47:18 am »
Oh that star wars game for dreamcast.Now i remember.
Anyhow.....

TIPS,
Try to paint that bezel of yours...GLOSS black.Then you are 100% finished with the cab. ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2002, 01:50:10 am by SNAAAKE »

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 03:25:34 am »
Very nice cps2 cabinet.  Was the panel already 6 buttons (ie a street fighter cab)?

I need to do some custom paint job for my bezel.  Keep the flat black, limits glare.

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 03:39:17 am »
This wasn't cps2..it was original SF2 cabinet(came with the game).It was original and there was a very ugly metal panel that came with the cab.

He converted the cab very nicely  :)

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2002, 04:41:16 am »

This wasn't cps2..it was original SF2 cabinet(came with the game).It was original and there was a very ugly metal panel that came with the cab.

He converted the cab very nicely  :)

Did I not say
(ie a street fighter cab)?

???

Ok, since it had SF2 I will correct myself, hehe.

Wow, a late cps1/cps2 cab, cool!

Hehe, I see you redid inside the marquee area.
Didn't that partition that the light bulb for the marquee suck design wise.  I saw that with my double dragon2 cabinet.  I suppose to center the bulb there isn;t much other way to do it.  But it makes working with those cabinets a pain:)

Maybe I should strip the artwork off my double dragon 2 cabinet and paint it black.  clean it up a bit, put some controls in.  Though the cp is in bad condition.  Oh wait, I stole the marquee holder off it, damn it.  I'd have to get one from someplace.

Oh, since it's the same cabinet, I got a question for you.  The joys are screwed in, the screws are welded to the cp, right?  I haven't completely stripped my cabinet yet.

I notice you only have two clasps to hold the cp down
http://www.geocities.com/hyiu/pics/Arcade/Cab_and_Stick/orig_cab_6.jpg
Was the middle one missing?  I stole the middle one out of my ddragon2, I figured 2 is already alot to hold the panel down:)

How did you get that cp art done?  since it is a metal cp.

Whew, that monitor just fits, huh? It looks like it would touch the backdoor.

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2002, 10:18:49 am »
thx for all the compliments....
and to answer some of the questions/comments...

yes... I still have the bezel... I think its original bezel...
(but its kinda in bad shape.... the pic is degrading...)

I have promised someone that I'll scan it in.... (sorry... will need to check who I promised to...   :P   ;)  )
(and I will do it....) Sorry... but this coming week or 2, I really have a lot of things to catch up and to do scanning, I need to go to my friend's place (I don't have a scanner)...
I think I will scan it in by pieces (hi res), and then use photoshop to connect them together.... (and you guys can working on sharpening it up.... I suck in altering colors...) but I'll need some time before I can finish that.... so plz bare with me....

its originally a 2 players metal panel each have 6 buttons...
I took it out and redo it with 3/4 plywood.... (its in bad shape...) it originally has a piano hinge on the bottom and 2 panel clamps on top to hold the panel... I'm now holding it only with 4 Happs panel clamp... 2 on top and 2 on side... so far, its MIGHTY tight and will NOT shake at all....

yes... the artwork is the star war racing scene...

and Sorry about geocities bandwidth.... as said, I'm minimal in web pgrmming....
I already have another account in fortunecity, but no time to re-org and move the web site yet...

1 thing I WILL add back in to my site is to specially thx the community of BYOAC.... (other than just thx everyone...) cos I got most of the help I needed here.... (that... I will do ASAP.....)   ;D   ;D

it originally only has 2 clamps on the control panel...

and yes... the monitor fits kinda ok for the front (it MIGHT... just might.... fit a 21" mon...) but most likely not bigger....
but in the back... its already popping out now.... I have to cut a rectangular hole in the back piece so that I can close... but not a real big hole.... (I'll add some pics... including the back piece later....)

;D    ;)
Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p