Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Shuuz gameplay hints  (Read 727 times)

drunkatuw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2024, 11:21:41 am
    • Drunk at UW.com
Shuuz gameplay hints
« on: November 15, 2004, 03:26:54 pm »
I've got some friends coming for the weekend and if it's anything like last time, there will be a few all night sessions of shuuz.  Last time I got my butt kicked and this time I was hoping to end up on top.  But whenever I throw the horseshoe, it always ends up backwards and just bounces off the stake.

I played 4 games yesterday (one with each player) and only got 1 ringer!  Anyone have any tips to get ringers?  How much backswing do you recommend?  I'm sure there has got to be a secret to getting a ringer, I just can't figure it out.

Any Shuuz gurus have any advice?

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
Re:Shuuz gameplay hints
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 04:13:29 pm »
Well I have my 'technique' but it seems hit and miss.  Sometimes I do really well and other times I blow...

I usually go for around 3/4 backswing.  Also don't be mislead by the position of some of the guys 'aim' position.  I seem to remember Al (or someone) has a slightly mis-leading stance  :D

I guess my tip is make sure everyone else drinks more than you ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 04:13:44 pm by Minwah »

drunkatuw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2024, 11:21:41 am
    • Drunk at UW.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 04:25:55 pm »
I guess my tip is make sure everyone else drinks more than you ;)  ;D

I typically play bar games (such as Shuuz or darts) much better after a few beers...maybe that was my problem, I only had 1 beer last night.  If I get a chance, i'll try again after a few beers and see how the results change :).

I typically take a backswing around 1/2 way and then throw it with a decent speed and I don't have a problem with aim, it's just that the horseshoe always is facing backwards so it doesn't wrap around the stake, it just bounces back.

How can you not like a game which has a built-in delay so the loser can go buy the next round of beer (or in my case go hit up the kegerator for another pitcher)?!?

jerryjanis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2023, 01:56:44 am
  • Skate or Die!!!
    • Jake's Joystick
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 06:27:30 pm »
I, too, have seen several long nights in a dark room with Shuuz in front of me.  I don't know if there is a secret technique.  I've seen people play with some wacky stances and kick my ***.  It seems to me that there are nights when I'm on, and nights when I'm off.  I don't really get better at it exactly.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 06:32:36 pm »
LOL, can't agree more about the 'beer round' - always fun  ;D

Beer agrees with me too when playing this kindof thing and pub games, fortunately :)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 09:38:42 pm »
I finished my Golden Tee '99 project the other day and quickly realized that the game isn't nearly as fun sober.  :-[
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

vader

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2022, 12:22:08 pm
  • I can't breathe in this thing !!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 01:24:56 am »
Well, I seen this post and tried the game out.....thought hey, let me give it a try...was fun at first, then got real boring after I hit like 20 ringers in row.  Duh, then I realize your supposed to use the trackball, that adds a whole new dimesion to the game I SUCK....lol....I was using the joystick  :P  Make for a fun game though....try shuffleboard too...was pretty interesting

Tim