Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2-piece arcade cab pics?  (Read 1701 times)

Warborg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
2-piece arcade cab pics?
« on: September 15, 2002, 03:53:27 pm »
I was wondering if anyone might have pictures or know where I can find pictures of the large 2-piece arcade cabs for games such as Capcom vs. SNK 2? The ones where the control section of the cabinet was on wheels and separate from the portion that housed the video display, and connected by a couple of brackets and a large cable... This is similar to the idea I have for what I want to build, and I was hoping to get a good look at it, and even possibly some dimentions for it...

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

BTW, I did check KLOV and it didn't have cab pics of Capcom vs. SNK 1 or 2, and had one pic of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 which is similar to what I am looking for, but can't get a good look at it from that photo.

Thorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2014, 09:52:09 am
  • Here's Johnny!!!
    • 3-D MAME
Re:2-piece arcade cab pics?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 10:21:40 pm »
Sounds like your thinking of a "showcase" cabinet. Someday I might go to the local arcade (massive one) and get some measurements. I don't think they will notice me with my measuring tape and protractor.

For now I'm busy building "Thorncab" which is the size of an upright (25 to 27 inch screen) but has features simular to the showcase. It's kindava hybrid cab. Check out my plans from my post on 8-19-02. The wood construction is just about done now and in a week or two I'll post a new version (as-built) of the plans I already posted here.  I'll try to post a photo also.

brandon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 03:08:43 pm
  • I <3 arcade games.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 12:05:02 am »
Hi I think this is what you mean: http://www.hanaho.com/products/JammaCoinOp/index.html

HANAHO makes them, not a very great pic but maybe enough to get some ideas.

brandon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 03:08:43 pm
  • I <3 arcade games.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 12:10:11 am »
Hey I just found this thread on the Buy/Sell page, you've got to check this cab. out!! Its awesome! http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2612