Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FE-3Darcade/Emulaxian 0.68 released!  (Read 3516 times)

)p(

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
FE-3Darcade/Emulaxian 0.68 released!
« on: September 09, 2002, 09:13:08 am »
FE-3Darcade/Emulaxian 0.68 released!

Whatisnew:

-Speed optimizations, The 3darcade should be much faster especially with a large number of different models.
-Fps style mouselook and doubleclick launches the selected item. More mouse support in the next version.
-Collision detection when going backwards.
-Startup-, exit- and infoscreen-movies can no be any type supported by quicktime. I suggest using mpeg4.
-User definable Wait loop to slow scrolling through items in the search and filter routines.
-Fixed a bug when a filter returns exactly one item.
-Fixed a bug when you start the fe with the paging variant of the gamelist menu and then switch directly to the fpsarcade.
-I turned videotextures of by default in fe.cfg. Set glvideo to true in fe.cfg to enable them.

websites:

http://3darcade.mameworld.net
http://www.i-modernist.com/emulaxian

:-)

Peter, peter@i-modernist.com

MrArcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2022, 03:45:28 pm
  • I wish I had time to play these games !!!
Re:FE-3Darcade/Emulaxian 0.68 released!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 02:36:10 pm »
Very noticable improvement in speed!

Thanks!
Oh, the memories of living on pizza subs and Dr Pepper...

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 03:14:51 pm »

Very noticable improvement in speed!

Thanks!

:D

By the way...I will get you the pinball model soon...I adapted the one in the fe allready a bit this morning...but I saw I overstretched the field map this time around  ;)

Peter

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2002, 05:20:32 pm »
While unzipping
Extracting floor.jpg
bad CRC a005f508  (should be 1a9f7ae6)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (19208) does not match the uncompressed size (19073) recorded in the zip file

I see no speedup:(  My PII 500 just doesn't hack it I guess.

I was revisiting my OpenGL project form college.  I have a cool idea to make something like 3d arcade but more dynamic.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2002, 05:36:21 pm by SirPoonga »

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2002, 05:40:21 pm »
While unzipping
Extracting floor.jpg
bad CRC a005f508  (should be 1a9f7ae6)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (19208) does not match the uncompressed size (19073) recorded in the zip file

I just downloaded it myself and the zip is ok...no crc errors. But from past experience... I have got a lot of emails from people mentioning crc errors in the big zip file. The only thing you can do is try downloading it again because the zip on ther server is ok...I hope you are on broadband  ;)

it runs fine on my older pc with a geforce 2mx and a celeron 850 now...I really don't know what the min specs are...

More dynamic...cool...people and stuff like that? (By the way in principle if you export models with bones animations in max they will allready animate in 3darcade...)

Peter
« Last Edit: September 09, 2002, 05:44:48 pm by )p( »

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2002, 07:09:41 pm »
Well, it's extremely choppy on my PIII 500 with a ATI 128.

actually, I was thinking of this idea.  using an open source 3D engine.  Just have to find one that can import models fairly well.

I was thiniking this.  First, depending on the 3D engine i wonder how dynamic I could make a virtual room.  I'd like to have it so the intro to the 3D FE is walking throught the front doors.  Then on the three wall around you would be doors.  The signs on the doors would be the name of the filter (lazarus style, oh yeah) also there would be doors to custom rooms:)
Anyway, when you go to select a door you'd get a loading screen (ugh, only way I canthink on how to do this dynamically)  Then you are in the room with machines for that filter.  There would be rows of cabinets.

Now.  Since the rooms don't change much (like lazarus lists) The info for rendering each room only needs to be changed when the user rescans.

Actually, since I've been working with XML alot lately, one could easily configure a room using XML too:)  That would allow for tweaking of rooms for people who know how to use XML (which isn't that difficult).

Some free 3d engines I found with a quick search.
http://www.twilight3d.com/
http://www.3dstate.com/

The Relentless

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 10, 2002, 03:38:59 pm
  • I eat babies!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2002, 12:45:37 am »
First off, I love the front end.  Very nice.  Very fun. :D

I was able to get it set up with no problems.  Well, one small problem of messing up the emu directory in one of the CFG files.  :-[

Anyway, one weird problem I have noticed.  When I approach a cabinet in the FPSarcade it will display the proper info at the top (I use fullscreen).  However, shortly thereafter it will start displaying a completely different game when I approach a cabinet.  it's not completely random.  Every time I go back to a cabinet it shows the same wrong info it did last time.  Anyone have any ideas? ???

Thanks all.

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2002, 01:15:01 am »
Well, it's extremely choppy on my PIII 500 with a ATI 128.

>probably the ati...it may even have dropped to software rendering

I was thiniking this.  First, depending on the 3D engine i wonder how dynamic I could make a virtual room.  I'd like to have it so the intro to the 3D FE is walking throught the front doors.  Then on the three wall around you would be doors.  The signs on the doors would be the name of the filter (lazarus style, oh yeah) also there would be doors to custom rooms:)
Anyway, when you go to select a door you'd get a loading screen (ugh, only way I canthink on how to do this dynamically)  Then you are in the room with machines for that filter.  There would be rows of cabinets.

>yeah! A dynamic intro is one of the finishing touches I also plan to do. The doors to go to next rooms/gamelist are allready possible to setup using the gates that can use any model...and don't have to show the texture menu...just select the gate and doubleclick/or hit the startkey to go to the gamelist/arc ade associateed with it...

>Lazarus style filters you say  :) ... soon "fe3darcade.exe -xxxxxxx"  ;)

Peter

« Last Edit: September 10, 2002, 04:06:47 am by )p( »

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 01:22:47 am »
 :D

I was able to get it set up with no problems.  Well, one small problem of messing up the emu directory in one of the CFG files.  :-[

> You did not unzip it in it's own folder?

Anyway, one weird problem I have noticed.  When I approach a cabinet in the FPSarcade it will display the proper info at the top (I use fullscreen).  However, shortly thereafter it will start displaying a completely different game when I approach a cabinet.  it's not completely random.  Every time I go back to a cabinet it shows the same wrong info it did last time.  Anyone have any ideas? ???

>that sounds weird. Maybe the above mixing of cfg files has anything to do wirth that. The other thing I can think of is this...the fe sends two rays in the direction you move to detect collisions...so if you approach a model it also gets selected. But in the new version if you go backwards it detect the collision going backwards...os if you goto a cab and then slightly back up it could detect a cab in your back side...I will change that...

Peter

The Relentless

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 10, 2002, 03:38:59 pm
  • I eat babies!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2002, 11:05:43 am »
Cool.  I will play around with it and see if I can figure out when it manifests itself.  Maybe try not backing up at all and seeing if that works.  I'll let you know.