Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Couple of questions about the Oscar Model 1 Spinner  (Read 1540 times)

Sasquatch!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
Couple of questions about the Oscar Model 1 Spinner
« on: September 03, 2002, 01:30:24 am »
Sure, I could've just emailed Oscar, but since others might want to know...

1. Is it possible to put a PS/2-to-serial adapter on the Oscar Model 1 spinner and plug it into a serial port?  My poopy PC doesn't have USB, and the trackball (through a Hagtrom KE72T) is occupying the PS/2 port.  If not, I'll live, since I obviously need to upgrade the PC anyway, but it'd be nice if I could.

2. Is it relatively easy to swap spinner knobs?  I'm going to order a skirted knob (Tempest, ahoy!), but it might be kind of neat to grab another style knob too.

Danke!

OSCAR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
Re:Couple of questions about the Oscar Model 1 Spinner
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2002, 06:24:23 am »
1. Is it possible to put a PS/2-to-serial adapter on the Oscar Model 1 spinner and plug it into a serial port?  My poopy PC doesn't have USB, and the trackball (through a Hagtrom KE72T) is occupying the PS/2 port.  If not, I'll live, since I obviously need to upgrade the PC anyway, but it'd be nice if I could.

No.  The USB mouse used on the Model 1's lack the circuitry required for use through a serial port.  I'm not sure if I've even seen a mouse that was USB-serial compatible.

2. Is it relatively easy to swap spinner knobs?  I'm going to order a skirted knob (Tempest, ahoy!), but it might be kind of neat to grab another style knob too.

Yes.  The knobs are held on with set screws and can be easily changed.

Sasquatch!

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
Re:Couple of questions about the Oscar Model 1 Spinner
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 07:57:08 am »
Aye.  Thanks for the info, Oscar!