Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Saint: Can you help with proper scaling for book templates?  (Read 3959 times)

shawnzilla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2022, 12:01:55 pm
Saint: Can you help with proper scaling for book templates?
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:09:56 am »
Saint -

1) LOVE the book!

2) I too am having problems printing the templates from chapter six in the proper scale. I have tried photoshop, paint shop, etc... How do I get these printed to the proper size?

Thank you!

Chester

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2004, 07:51:02 pm
  • Do I look like I know what you think I'm doing?
Re:Saint: Can you help with proper scaling for book templates?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 10:01:13 pm »
Here's what worked for me:

Open the graphic in Photoshop (or whatever) and get info on the image size. You'll get pixels, size and DPI. You'll see that the DPI on most of the templates is 72 DPI, which is screen resolution. The number of pixels is right, it's just that the DPI is wrong. One of the templates printed out perfectly without any tinkering, and interestingly enough, its DPI was 125.

Change the DPI to 125, and your templates will print correctly. ...at least mine did. (Obligatory caveat, I did all this on a Mac, but it should be the same on the PC.)

HTH,
Chester

shawnzilla

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2022, 12:01:55 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 09:16:28 am »
That seems to have worked! Thanks for the great tip!

Here's what worked for me:

Open the graphic in Photoshop (or whatever) and get info on the image size. You'll get pixels, size and DPI. You'll see that the DPI on most of the templates is 72 DPI, which is screen resolution. The number of pixels is right, it's just that the DPI is wrong. One of the templates printed out perfectly without any tinkering, and interestingly enough, its DPI was 125.

Change the DPI to 125, and your templates will print correctly. ...at least mine did. (Obligatory caveat, I did all this on a Mac, but it should be the same on the PC.)

HTH,
Chester

yourfatmama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2012, 03:46:03 pm
  • MAME n00b
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 11:16:12 am »
i'm also having problems trying to print the templates, specifically the 7 btn fighter (medium) template. i've tried gimp, and also the eval software that came w/ the cd but neither will output correctly. in the jasc software i'll even specify the image size but when it comes out its not there, i've tried messing w/ the DPI too but 125 didnt work for me.

i'll keep messing, gees, sure is a pain! :(

yourfatmama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2012, 03:46:03 pm
  • MAME n00b
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 12:01:40 pm »
ok, i got it working. I guess the JASC software eval tends to auto-resize values as you try to adjust other values.
in the JASC software on the cd follow these steps (basically elaborating on what Chester said, thx Chester!!)

1. Open image and View Image information, write down the  px by px size as well as inches.
2. go to Resize Image: first change the Pixes per Inch to 125 (as Chester said) then go up and adjust the pixel by pixel size (dont try to manually adjust the inches cuz it will auto-adjust the dpi)
3. Print and make sure that the px by px size is right, and choose 100% scaling.
this process worked for me.

CPickler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2006, 02:37:14 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • CPU Studios
Re: Saint: Can you help with proper scaling for book templates?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 03:29:16 am »
I changed my DPI to 125 and it printed out almost twice the real size.  I am using Photoshop 7