Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Cleaning" up the games list?!?  (Read 1930 times)

AGGIEZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2017, 05:59:50 pm
"Cleaning" up the games list?!?
« on: August 31, 2004, 11:24:55 am »
What is the best way to "clean" up the games list? I really don't need 5 versions of every game and would like to get my list to only show the best version of a game. Also, I'd like to be able to delete broken games and delete some of the really old Atari games that won't get any play. I am running MAMEWAH.

Is there a program out there that you can do this with or is it a matter of creating an extensive custom game list or manually going into the ROMS folder and deleteing the games you don't want???

Goz

• KOTA
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2020, 02:23:18 am
Re:"Cleaning" up the games list?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 12:03:20 pm »
I use emuloader to prune my available ROMs. I do not use it as a front end. You have the option of deleting roms from it's interface while viewing the snaps, etc.

emuloader

Doing this in conjunction with using CMOV (thanks joymonkey)

It isn't too bad. There is another batch that removed the manga mahjong games as well (dont remember the link)

Hope it helps

AGGIEZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2017, 05:59:50 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 12:28:27 pm »
I use emuloader to prune my available ROMs. I do not use it as a front end. You have the option of deleting roms from it's interface while viewing the snaps, etc.

emuloader

Doing this in conjunction with using CMOV (thanks joymonkey)

It isn't too bad. There is another batch that removed the manga mahjong games as well (dont remember the link)

Hope it helps

Thanks Gozur. I was able to sort out the clones and leave only the parent games in MAMEWAH, but there are some parent games that I simply don't want. I wish there was an easy way to delete or not show certain games through MAMEWAH or MAMEWAH Setup Butler (hint hint)

roybfr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2004, 01:50:44 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 12:35:54 pm »
Has any one ever posted up thier Custom List? I have been editing my custome list to remove all the clones and other "junk", thus far it has been kind of time consuming. I am sure someone has already done the same, be nice to start with a parred down list vs the full list of 5k. I am going to use the CMOV and see where that puts me.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 05:05:00 pm »
A 'remove from custom list' shortcut exists with the next version of MW...