Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic:  (Read 2923 times)

KHAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2005, 05:14:27 pm
(No subject)
« on: August 04, 2004, 05:41:18 pm »
Hi!
Gamers always intrusted to play games wheather,legal or not.Any one knows that where to find an unofficial or
hack version of mame....to play the most latest arcade games....which are not available in an official mame.

please don't ask ......why we want to play these games......      
BLUE BIRDS FLY WITH BLUE BIRDS

TheGatesofBill

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2018, 09:07:04 am
Re:
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 06:25:32 pm »
Erm... No Name MAME supports just about everything that the MAME Devs won't get overly pissed about (I think). As for the new games, you won't get any help here.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 08:44:11 pm »
By playing recent games in mame you are directly stealing from the few arcade companies still around.  You should be ashamed of yourself as you are literally killing the arcade by not going down to your local arcade and pumping quarters into them.  (You obviously like them else you wouldn't be asking about them.)

NoNameMame or any of the other respectable builds don't support this out of respect for both arcade manufacturers and the mame devs themselves, who don't want these games added yet.  

With the utmost of respect, Warez kiddiez belong on warez sites, not byoac.  

Tilzs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2011, 10:41:56 am
  • Neat
    • Cocktail Arcade
Re:
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 11:16:00 pm »
The guy is in Pakistan maybe he doesn't have a local arcade with these games.

Jakobud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 12:51:01 am »
True, he may not have any arcades around him, but asking about this stuff is still not cool on this board.  I am guessing he probably just didnt know that its not discussed on here.

Khan, please don't ask that type of question again.  If Mame was easily able to emulate all the latest games then it really would be killing off the arcade industry, which is not what it was made for and its not what any of us want.  Its all about arcade game preservation.  Anyways, even if it did support the latest games, you would need a super ultra fast 10ghz computer to play then at normal speeds.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 04:17:22 am »
True, he may not have any arcades around him, but asking about this stuff is still not cool on this board.  I am guessing he probably just didnt know that its not discussed on here.

Agreed....

To use one of my famous analogies:

If a kid does something wrong and you nicely tell him not to do it again he'll probably do it again as all kids are little devils and tend not to listen.  However give em a good talking to or a smack on the bottom and they'll probably learn their lesson.  I'm just trying to be a good "mother".  

(Insert wise crack about how I just compared myself to a mother here.)

KHAN

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 05:58:07 pm »
The guy is in Pakistan maybe he doesn't have a local arcade with these games.
HEY!  
                         There are many arcade game stations in Pakistan,
as well as .......... few of them are using arcade pc in their cab using with a frontend........I saw that video games dealers are now intrusting in a pc arcade.....they almost replace an original game board or cassetes...........
running all official and unofficial emulators/games for a commercial purpose.........
                        so thats why i asked this question......
                       i am only intrested to play games at home......

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Re:
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 08:19:29 pm »
Your missing the point.  If you play the game at home, that's one quarter (or whatever) that would have normally went to the manufacturer in a legitimate arcade.  If all of your arcades are running mame illegally then they aren't real arcades, they are people ripping off the manufacturers. You should report them.  

PiNPOiNT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2010, 05:00:59 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re:
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 02:40:11 pm »
Lol, tons of people are running more then just mame games on here, everyone has their own rules they wish to live by, and as long as they are fine with that then so be it.

TheGatesofBill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2018, 09:07:04 am
Re:
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 07:26:45 pm »
Yes, but this board has rules, and the MAME devs have rules. In this case, those are the ones you need to go by.

KHAN

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2004, 10:59:39 am »
i like it dear.....

Halo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2005, 03:00:03 am
  • I'm a lamer!
Re:
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2004, 04:45:29 pm »
Just a couple of things ..

Isn't this a bit like the petty theif pointing the finger at the bank robber and telling him how bad he is? Theft is theft, crime is crime.

It's all illegal .. it's splitting hairs I think.

Secondly, if the argument is that we're somehow robbing arcades by not putting money in their new machines. Then every person that plays Galaxian or Space Invaders is killing off the trade of those that beautifully restore these machines. The price of these has come down, and many restorers will simply throw the towel in. Old or new .. makes no difference, it's affecting someone. If you ever visit RGVAC or some of the other arcade forums, you'll see that some people despise MAME for that reason.

I think MAME is awesome, totally amazing .. but I'm not under any illusion about exactly what it is, what I'm doing, and who it's affecting.
A stone falls on the pot, woe to the pot. A pot falls on the stone, woe to the pot. In both cases it is bad for the pot.

KHAN

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2004, 06:02:24 pm »
You are absllutely right!

THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO SAY!

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
Re:
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2004, 10:19:19 pm »
THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO SAY!

Au Contraire

Most of the latest arcade games get ported to home systems, more or less perfect (nowadays even better looking than their arcade counterpart).  Those that don't usually have some wacky controls anyway that you can't easily recreate at home.  So off to the software store you go...

(By the way: I don't know anything about the availability of these systems outside of the U.S. and Japan.  I don't know if this is an option in your country as I have no knowledge of releases there).  

Then every person that plays Galaxian or Space Invaders is killing off the trade of those that beautifully restore these machines.

I don't see MAME taking away from restorations.  Am I incorrect or are the collectors just keeping these for themselves or selling them to private parties?  I've never seen an original Space Invaders in any arcade as of late.  Even in the case of Ms. Pac Man (a game you still see a lot) - I really never made a trek to an arcade solely for playing that game (doesn't mean I won't pump a few coins in).  

But yeah, morality aside - illegal is illegal.  

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
Re:
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2004, 01:45:57 am »
While I will agree that illegal is illegal in most regards, I think many people here take offense to what the original poster is asking.  I see a definite difference in taking potential money away from a Space Invaders game when compared to a currently available, and commercially viable product.

Whether we as arcade enthusiasts like it or not, the classics are not wholly commercially viable anymore.  It is a niche market with niche players and most transactions take place with private parties.

New arcade games on the other hand, are not.  Asking for a hacked mame like this is no better than stealing and copying xbox games or ps2 games.  You can post stuff like that in the console forum, therefore this should not be posted here.  The OP is obviously asking for something that directly affects money that could be going to game developers.  Companies have already proven that they'll go after people for this kiind of stuff with games that are decades old... so you can be damn sure they'll come after people doing this... which again, is why this shouldn't have been posted.

To the original poster.. you aren't going to get a hacked version of mame like this on this site... and continuing asking for it could potentially endanger the site.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

KHAN

• Offline Offline
Re:
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2004, 09:32:38 am »
To the original poster.. you aren't going to get a hacked version of mame like this on this site... and continuing asking for it could potentially endanger the site.

O.O . I don't want a hack mame version anymore.
While I will agree that illegal is illegal.
it was not actually in my knowledge that an arcade company
lost their values by providing such type of build.
As iam a bigginer ......sorry for any mistake...
thanks...........

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re:
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 12:19:37 pm »
1) Illegal != Illegal

Statitory rape between a 18 and a 17 year old is NOT the same as a 42 and an 8 year old.  There are levels

2) It doesn't matter..  We are going by what the MAME developers want.  Forget legal in a legal sense.  This is adhering to the Lincense of the MAME developers.  

Any why would you want to piss off the MAME developers?  Sounds like a great way to stop the project.  Notice that lack of Haze updates (done by Haze)...  Part of the reasons he has taken a hiatus is people like you with questions and attitudes like yours (he also didn't like where emulation in general is going aka Chankast).

Please STOP asking here... it pisses EVERYONE off... (and you can sometimes find hacked mame versions on the newsgroups... but you might get a few extra programs installed with it :(