Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best Video Card for Windows/Daphne  (Read 1904 times)

Chazz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2020, 01:14:53 pm
Best Video Card for Windows/Daphne
« on: August 20, 2002, 12:39:20 am »
I'm planing on picking up a new video card this weekend, and I'm wondering what the best card would be to run Windows and Daphne on a arcade monitor.

Thanks!
~ ChaZz

generousben

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2003, 11:45:43 am
Re:Best Video Card for Windows/Daphne
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 02:20:26 pm »
I have no experience using Nvidia cards and arcade monitors  there fore I unfortunately cant recommend them even though they make some of the best cards

I know for a fact Radeon cards work with arcade monitors . I use the first generation  of radeon cards ,
the 64mb ddr vivo model ,But this is pretty old now so get a 8500 if you can,Try not to buy any of the LE or VE models as these are a bit bottom of the range.

I would'nt buy any crappy old cards like ,ati rage,trident blade,g400 etc

I haven't had Daphne running on 15khz yet as i haven't got round to send my CDs to the bloke with the mpegs but after looking at the emu it should work ok as zinc and vivanonno work

ben

Bursar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2005, 06:57:07 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Best Video Card for Windows/Daphne
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 04:06:35 pm »
I can't offer anything particularly constructive to help you in your decision, but if you go for an ATi card, don't get an OEM one. They are often clocked slightly slower than the cards in full retail packaging.