Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where can I get MAME sideart?  (Read 2234 times)

AlanS17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
Where can I get MAME sideart?
« on: August 12, 2002, 02:28:36 pm »
Well creating sideart doesn't sound all too difficult to me, but I'm more concerned abotu the quality of the print job. I was wondering where I could find commercial-grade MAME sideart, overlays, bezel covers, etc.

Does anybody know anybody that actually makes and sells this stuff? I've seen some on Ebay, but there isnt' any posted right now taht I can find, and it's never going to be a sure-fire transaction because I don't know when new sideart will be posted for auction.

Can someone please write back? Thanks in advance.

MrToasty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2007, 12:33:21 pm
Re:Where can I get MAME sideart?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 09:35:18 pm »
I've seen those on ebay as well (seller ID robpit@attbi.com).  Looks like he just sold the last of his sets this weekend, at least according to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2128651072
You might contact him and ask if he is going to make any more.

There are also a few people who sell MAME marquees like this guy:
http://www.emdkay.net/marquees%20mame.htm
He also sells decals and CPO's soon, so maybe he'll branch off into sideart.  I think I saw him post here recently.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 09:11:10 pm »
I am currently in the process of buying his very last sideart set. It's the same one from the auction listed above. The buyer chickened out. His loss is my gain!  ;D

MrToasty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 09:35:22 pm »
Damn - I bid on that one and didn't get it.  Kudos!  You'll have to let us know how the quality is.  You might ask when/if he's going to be making any more for the rest of us  :)

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 11:17:46 am »
I already talked with him about making more. He says he won't be doing it for a long time. He says he pumped out a whole lot for a while and the value started going down on Ebay. They used to go for $100 but now $40. I'm not sure if he's waiting for demand to go back up or if he's just tired of making them. Either way, he said he won't be doing it for a while.

MrToasty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2002, 12:17:44 pm »
That's unfortunate.  I think he also has had more buyers back out recently.  As far as prices go, I hadn't noticed too much of a drop - he generally started sideart at like $65 or $75 and sideart with the matching marquee for about $100.  I bid on this one when I noticed there was no high min or reserve price.  I have no immediate need for sideart (still working on cab plans) so I decided not to go too high on my bid, especially without the matching marquee.  When/if I'm ready for the art, I'll probably be willing to pay a little more for a full set.

Speaking of the marquee, he sold two of the marquees that match your set in another auction the same day:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2128647709&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1029024834
They don't match the set he sold them with.  Strange...

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 02:18:09 pm »
Yes I had noticed that too about the marquee with the larger sideart. The reason I hadn't bid on either auction was because I wasn't sure how big my cabinet would be. But I like the design on these smallers ones anyways.

But I think if I get a good black cabinet fixed up well, the small ones will look good on it too because they taper at the end and fade to black. Won't look so much like a sticker. Should look professional. (I hope.)

I may just make a custom marquee based on the design of the sideart. It's going to be for my fraternity, so I've been thinking of incorporating our greek letters and such. Nothing too flashy like those marquees with 140 games. Just something to match and look good...