Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 21 Monitor to deep for cabinet  (Read 621 times)

dreamer_cast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2004, 07:23:43 pm
  • I'm a llama!
21 Monitor to deep for cabinet
« on: May 30, 2004, 07:27:35 pm »
Hey guys, new to this forum and the hobby...me and a friend have bought an old arcade cabinet to restore and we just decided on using a 21" monitor.  I bought a used one today, and it appears that the monitor and it's case are about 5-6" to deep to fit in the cabinet within the back door.  Just wondering if it's possible to alter the case to fit in there perfect, or should we just cut some wood to box it up in the back?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Dreamer

pocketbikez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2005, 06:23:36 pm
  • INSERT COINS
    • my arcade cabinets
Re:21 Monitor to deep for cabinet
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 09:22:02 am »
if the finished cab is going to be pushed up against a wall i would cut a hole in the back for the monitor to stick through. not boxing in the hole would also allow for ventilation, adding lifespan to your monitor.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 09:23:33 am by pocketbikez »