Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wife sums up cabinet  (Read 1494 times)

rsoandrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2018, 09:02:10 am
  • Worldwide travelling Mame Machine
    • Andrew's Arcade
Wife sums up cabinet
« on: May 23, 2004, 01:16:36 pm »
OK been working on my cabinet. Got the CP done. Motherboard installed. Sound installed. Things are going well. Just waiting for a power supply for final install.

So, we have an informal dinner party and I decide that the guys would like to take a look at this project that I've been working on (and talking about non-stop).

I carry down my PC and monitor, throw it into the cabinet and connect everything up.

We're playing some Galaga when the wife comes out to see how the boys are doing.

All of a sudden she understands what this Mame thing is.

"You mean you've been spending all this time and money and all you're  basically doing is making a big ass wooden box for you computer!?! "

Yeah, I guess so. :)

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2018, 04:45:32 am
  • Sober until banned. Can post but still can't read.
Re:Wife sums up cabinet
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 01:39:08 pm »
And we wonder why no women build arcade cabs ;)

Just wait till she wants to play Galaga. That whole 'wooden box' thing will dissapear as quickly as my high scores in asteroids.
Now in a tasty new flavour.

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 02:07:30 pm »
OK been working on my cabinet. Got the CP done. Motherboard installed. Sound installed. Things are going well. Just waiting for a power supply for final install.

So, we have an informal dinner party and I decide that the guys would like to take a look at this project that I've been working on (and talking about non-stop).

I carry down my PC and monitor, throw it into the cabinet and connect everything up.

We're playing some Galaga when the wife comes out to see how the boys are doing.

All of a sudden she understands what this Mame thing is.

"You mean you've been spending all this time and money and all you're  basically doing is making a big ass wooden box for you computer!?! "

Yeah, I guess so. :)

You wife may not understand but have her try to explain to you the appeal of eyebrow threading or the excitement of seeing what celebrities are wearing to an award show or the entertainment value of Lifetime televison.  The genders are just enigmas to each other.

Knoxximus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2011, 12:22:58 am
  • Young Frozen
    • Beat-TECH Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 02:17:43 pm »
Just hit her with the Pac-Man, man.

NO woman can resist the power of the PAC ;)

My girl and I actually play "Strip Fighter II"...you haven't lived until you've beat your girl down in Street Fighter, then beat your girl down over a showcase CP ;D

Call me kinky, but oh well....if your significant other is with it, you gotta try it...doesn't necessarly have to be SFII, just a game where you know death will come surely and swiftly...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

(Though she does put up a decent fight....sometimes I might even lose a sock or two...heh heh heh)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 02:21:45 pm by Knoxximus »
Dumb questions deserve dumb answers.

maraxle

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 04:24:54 pm »
My girl and I actually play "Strip Fighter II"...you haven't lived until you've beat your girl down in Street Fighter, then beat your girl down over a showcase CP ;D

Call me kinky, but oh well....if your significant other is with it, you gotta try it...doesn't necessarly have to be SFII, just a game where you know death will come surely and swiftly...
TMI!

greywolf22

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2020, 12:45:06 am
  • My cab is always a work in progress
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 11:59:02 am »
hehe, I agree TMI...

Actually my girlfriend is really excited about me finishing up my cabinet.  She likes to play Burger Time without the frustration of trying to move around the board with a gamepad that doesn't restrict the diagnols  :)