Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Naki VGA box for DC question.  (Read 2264 times)

jlampc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2022, 07:33:58 am
  • I am not an animal !!! I am a gamer
Naki VGA box for DC question.
« on: April 02, 2004, 03:22:21 pm »
Anyone use the NAKI DC-VGA converter for an arcade Cab??

Need to know which wire is # 7. Each wire is a different color....

ThanX....

getting closer and Closer... ;D

pmc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 07:43:02 am
    • website
Re:Naki VGA box for DC question.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 04:24:32 am »
Mine's a Naki, but I don't need to open it so I don't know.

I'm sure you have this already but here you go just in case:

http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/dricas.htm

tenex2mg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2021, 08:07:11 pm
  • helllllllloooo Nurse
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 10:24:15 pm »
Greets,
     Well I've got a Naki VGA box (the one with the blue dome looking thingy type shape...yhea I'm educated :-) ).  Anyways if this helps any its not the white wire...so count seven from the other side.  That did it for me.  I checked it with my computer monitor so that's the correct one (ie had no picture)  Now my only problem is a sync issue with my Arcade Monitor+dreamcast...though it works fine with mame+arcadeVGA...the image rolls and the image is shifted way over such that it starts in the middle and carries over to the other side...kidna like "word-wrap" gone bad...any thoughts?

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 03:58:55 pm »
Greets,
     Well I've got a Naki VGA box (the one with the blue dome looking thingy type shape...yhea I'm educated :-) ).  Anyways if this helps any its not the white wire...so count seven from the other side.  That did it for me.  I checked it with my computer monitor so that's the correct one (ie had no picture)  Now my only problem is a sync issue with my Arcade Monitor+dreamcast...though it works fine with mame+arcadeVGA...the image rolls and the image is shifted way over such that it starts in the middle and carries over to the other side...kidna like "word-wrap" gone bad...any thoughts?

Are you using the composite sync input of your arcade monitor only?  If so then you need to twist together the Hor and Vert syncs coming out of the VGA box  and connect it to the composite sync connection.

But all monitors I've seen have seperate Hor and Vert inputs, so just match them up with the output of the vga box.