Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Slikstik sucks!!!  (Read 13094 times)

SlikStik-Christian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2004, 10:28:08 pm
  • Gaming will never be the same...
    • SlikStik Arcade Controllers
Re:Slikstik sucks!!!
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2004, 02:00:19 pm »
i have bought from slilstik before and had no problems. that being said. one thing has been bothering me with this whole thing. why would you email him and say that HIS sticks are being polished then a week later you say you cant get the ss at a good price. if HIS sticks were been polished then you already had the ss for HIS sticks and why would the price hike have any affect on his order. i understand that backordering is a part of bussiness and i have no problem with that. but from your emails it doesnt sound like a backorder issue. it sound like you were trying to buy yourself more time to find cheaper ss which i also have no problem with. but you should have said that in the first place not make up a story about them being polished.
if i am wrong on any of the details please inlighting me. this post is not meant to take any side of this discussion i just would like to hear an answer on this so i can make a decision on whether or not i will buy anything else from slikstik.

dirt

Ok, I will explain one more time.

Let
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 02:53:22 pm by SlikStik-Christian »
Thank You

Christian
SlikStik Customer Support
http://www.slikstik.com
The Worlds Best Arcade Controllers

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2004, 03:04:28 pm »
 thank you for the reply and i now understand your side of the story. but i think you should know that you guys did come off sounding smug in your earlier posts. i am sure it was not your intention and im sure you didn't realize it at the time but as a third party observer it came thru load and clear. i am only pointing this out so you might choose your words more carefully in public. i am sure you dont want people to get that feeling from you. best of luck and i plan on trying out your ss sticks on my next project.

dirt
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 08:01:55 pm by dirt »
WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

crashwg

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2019, 11:01:05 am
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2004, 03:23:17 pm »
this is the first e-mail I received about the polishing

"We are still waiting on the parts to be polished. Hopefully this
week.

Team SlikStik"

Then when I replied to that this is the next one you sent me

"Spaky,

I can issue a refund if you like. There has been a problem getting
stainless steel at competitive prices recently and it is out of
our control. What would you like to do?

Thanks,

Jerry Mascari
Team SlikStik"

How was I suposed to interperate that.  The first e-mail stated that the sticks were there and they would be done soon but the second makes it sound like you havent got them yet.  If you had said that this was the reason for it taking so long none of this would have ever happend.  Those were the exact e-mails.  You keep telling everyone that you just went into detail about why the sticks were late but in the e-mail I recived you never said anything about that. I never got any other e-mails except the one stating that you cancelled my order.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 03:42:26 pm by crashwg »
If there's bees in the trap I'm catching em
By the thorax and abdomen
And sanding the stingers down to a rough quill
Then I dip em in ink, and I scribble a bit
But if it they wriggle then I tickle em until they hold still
Lemme say it again
In my land of pretend
I use bees as a mf'n pen

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2004, 08:42:29 pm »
Holy cow.  They're $50 a piece now....just for the sticks!  I've been wanting a couple of these too.  I don't think I can get them at that price.  I'm gonna have to wait until the price comes down.  I'm a little worried that so many people will feel this way that Slikstik will just discontinue them.  That sucks.

Crashwg, here is what I take from that correspondence:

1- Your handles were taking a long time to be delivered so you emailed Slikstik asking them what was taking so long.

2- Slikstik responded saying that they were waiting for them to be polished and that they would hopefully ship "this week"

3- You got all pissy and complained, thinking that they should have had plenty of time to polish them by now, and what the hell was taking so long...

4- In answer to that question they responded, explaining why there was a delay to begin with (shortage of stainless steel) and offered you a refund.  

I in no way take from their second email to you that your sticks were no longer in the polishing phase, but now had not even been manufactured yet.

I think that Slikstik would benefit from some PR improvements, but I'm starting to get the impression that they handled your transaction reasonably.    Customers, too, should realize that their actions have consequences.

Well, that sucks.  It looks like you're going to be out $40 extra now.....or maybe you'll save $60 and just do without pretty handles.  Live and learn...and then get luvs.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

crashwg

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2019, 11:01:05 am
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2004, 09:30:50 pm »
Shmokes, you're right up to #2.

Here's how 3&4 should go,

3- I was confused as to why it was taking so long, so I e-mailed them asking why.  Civily I might add.

4- They responded with "I can issue a refund if you like. There has been a problem getting stainless steel at competitive prices recently and it is out of
our control.
What would you like to do?"

Sounds to me as if they don't even have the sticks, how 'bout you?  How would you interpret that?

Looking back on it now I see where there could be some confusion, but the cause of the confusion is solely cause by slikstik's lack of communication skills.

I guess I am somewhat to blame in the misscommunication as I am not a PSYCHIC!

All they had to say was, "Your sticks will be sent out on monday.  The reason they took so long is, blah blah blah blah blah."  Simple as that!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 09:31:46 pm by crashwg »
If there's bees in the trap I'm catching em
By the thorax and abdomen
And sanding the stingers down to a rough quill
Then I dip em in ink, and I scribble a bit
But if it they wriggle then I tickle em until they hold still
Lemme say it again
In my land of pretend
I use bees as a mf'n pen

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:38:40 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2004, 12:07:48 am »
This thread appears to have gone its course. Unless you have something new, kindly let it die. All three threads are now locked.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com